I Looked all over but I couldnt find how to dim the white or turn ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bfdm_mexi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a27821

Dimming the White LED behind the pearl

Advertisement

I Looked all over but I couldnt find how to dim the white or turn off the auto dim feature (because my OS it was omitted after updating AT&T)

Anyway I used a combination of 2 things I found online to stop the white LED behing the pearl from drowning out the other colors and make it more consistent whether the auto dim in on or off or auto.

I went here to find out how to disassemble the pearl housing so get to the LEDS, But instead of "coloring" the LED with a color I simply used Black.

After installing the "Color Pearl" program that is all over the threads the ball is now a vibrant color constantly

Click Attachment for Pics of the Colors. (sorry for the quality, the pearl has more megapixels then the Camera LOL)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cp6169; 07-05-2007 at 10:20 AM.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Dimming the White LED behind the pearl

good to know. I wish there was a way to dim or turn off the LED without having to color the LED.
    but either way, thanks for the writeup! its good to know!
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: Dimming the White LED behind the pearl

color pearl is a great app, now as for auto diming or shuting off the pearl light I can't help but if you use custom color on color pearl program and set it to dark grey or black (#000000) color code you should be able to dim it.