hey guys about a month ago the sound on the earpiece went out on my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

burky no está en línea Stack level 2

Dim colors on screen

Advertisement

hey guys about a month ago the sound on the earpiece went out on my O2 brand pearl, just today i bought an unlocked tmobile pearl and as i was setting it up i realized the colors on the screen looked alot dimmer then then ones on the O2 phone, like in the calculator for instance the blue colors on there look very light blue and the blue on the O2 calculator look like a darker true blue....anyone else ever experience this....also the whites look almost off white..

thanks and sorry for the long blah blah post

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Re: Dim colors on screen

I'm not sure if this is the case but you can check to see if the backlight brightness is set to a low value x &/or if the automatic backlight is set to On. Go to options - Screen/Keyboard, there you can find those settings.

burky no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by tfrankson View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the case but you can check to see if the backlight brightness is set to a low value x &/or if the automatic backlight is set to On. Go to options - Screen/Keyboard, there you can find those settings.
    naw i tried this and its not that the backlight is dim its the actuall colors of everything they just seem dull compared to the other pearl i had....do you guys think if i brought it to a Tmobile store they would do anything?

Rawjek no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    257a0eea

I hate to say this, but that might be why they sold it~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Are you sure the Auto-Dim for the Backlight isn't on also? If could just be the LCD itself too.

TMO wouldn't help you unless you purchased it from them.

half_pass no está en línea Stack level 1

My jack socket has been having issues too...when I plug in my head set to listen to music, either one side will work or neither will work or the voice command thing comes up. I really hate that voice command thing and have tried to no avail to turn it off and to delete it off my phone to no avail in either case. Called Cingular and am going to swap off for a new(refurbished) phone. Is this a problem with the Pearl?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by half_pass View Post
    My jack socket has been having issues too...when I plug in my head set to listen to music, either one side will work or neither will work or the voice command thing comes up. I really hate that voice command thing and have tried to no avail to turn it off and to delete it off my phone to no avail in either case. Called Cingular and am going to swap off for a new(refurbished) phone. Is this a problem with the Pearl?
    Whats a jack socket? I'm not understanding your issue with the voice command either.