hey guys! well like its not obvious enough, im also a new user and got ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

franfran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ECF3BE

different uses for the bb! + a few questions

Advertisement

hey guys! well like its not obvious enough, im also a new user and got the blackberry as a fone! loving it!

for now im still confused with like what kind of things i can use it for. like i bet it can do a lot of things.. so what do you guys use your blackberries for?

oh and for some reason i dont know how to set up my email? how does it work? for now i just use my gmail app to check my email.. but it doesnt notify me so yah.

what other apps do you guys have? oh any suggestions with some cool games? thanks guys!!

this forum is soo helpful.. lol. id be soo lost if i didnt find this

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: different uses for the bb! + a few questions

hey franfran welcome to the stacks!
    I just use mine for basically everything. From getting movie tickets to getting directions to anywhere i need to go. It just all depends on the apps that you put on your BB. As for checking email, it would be helpful if you filled out your profile a bit more. Telling your carrier and general stuff like that so we can help better. If you have TMO then you just sign into your account and then there's a link to set up your email. It you have a different carrier then I can't help.

My apps are:
    Google Maps
    Berry411
    GoogleTalk (Hacked)
    JiveTalk Beta (just testing for now)
    BB Messanger
    Pinstack BB Forums (Of Course!)
    Handango
    BlackberryAlerts
    Ascendo Money
    OperaMini
    and about 5 games

Hope this helps

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Visist mobile.blackberry.com from your bb broswer for some cool theme/game downloads for free. Also using your PC go to www.handango.com there are lots of games/software and other add-ons for your pearl.

Hope this helps

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Welcome to the stacks fran,
    Wow what don't I use my bb for!!! I watch movies, and listen to music, schedule meetings and appts, order items online, play games, txt and instant message. Its a lot of different things you can do on your new pearl its just that you need some applications to start off.

So what I did just to help you out was out together a list of things I used to start when I got my pearl!!
    Before I start, I recommend getting a memory card so you can start putting vids, and music on your pearl!! I mean after all you have a pearl.

1. Pinstack launcher (this forum is a must have for any bb user)
    2. Opera mini (what this is a alternative web browser for your bb)
    3. Yahoo messenger (download this nifty messenger from the blackberry website and now you have a data based msgr!!! Which means it doesn't count against your txt msgs.
    4. Ramble I m( ramble is a data version of aim!! So that's another msgr that won't count against your txt!!)

Now that you have my list, (and I'm pretty sure somebody will be along to add to it very soon lol!) you can find all the apps I mentioned here @ Pinstack!! Just check out our bb download link @ the top of the page!! Hope this helps, and welcome 2 the STACKS!!!

franfran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ECF3BE

wait no way.. the ramble im and yahoo messenger dont count against text? OMG

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~and neither does google talk or jive talk.
    Btw reddog, what do you mean by hacked google talk? PM me.