This has been in the back of my mind for a while now, and for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Different Pearls Equal Different Results?

Advertisement

This has been in the back of my mind for a while now, and for some reason I decided to say something about it.

I have noticed that a lot of people have problems with their pearl that others don't.

A new OS will come out and everyone that tries it has different problems or no problems.

When I first got my pearl it just had one issue: one of the little metal pins in the usb port was missing and I wouldn't get a good connection when charging or connected to my PC.

Other than that I had no problems at all with it.

When I returned it and got a refurb, which I wasn't too thrilled about, I was getting the delay when answering or even calling somebody. Even to this day I get the delay and I've tried several operating systems. If I answer my phone I have to wait a few seconds to say anything because they can't hear me. If I call someone I have to wait a few seconds after they say hello because they won't be able to hear me. I really think this is a hardware issue.

I have been using my phone a lot more lately and it is really getting to me.

Also, just to backup my belief that different pearls equal different results: on my first pearl I used this program called Blinkberry. It has never worked on my refurb. What's up with that?

Anyone else notice anything like this?

Re: Different Pearls Equal Different Results?

intresting...blinkberry doenst work on my bb either.

ash88 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB I just got my first blackberry about a week ago and a lot of the programs were not working right.I had to have my pearl cleared and reloaded and now its working pretty good.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

well it's already known that the white and black BBs on T-Mo have their own unique problems...personally i've never had a problem yet with my BB (black)...yet my wife's has had a few issues which she was able to fix by calling CS

i would try ash88s approach and see if that helps

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5

After reading many threads regarding problematic Pearls and some of the programs that won't work properly, I thought perhaps some users are loading their phones with too many applications, which at times, conflicts with other programs. Some users have dropped their phones, accidently exposed them to too much heat or moisture or any other number of abuses and then the phone just starts acting up. But after some thought, it could just be a problem with the "first" generation models. Hopefully, when newer models come out, these problems such as shortened life span, etc. will get phased out. I am fortunate to have the same phone since May of this year and not experienced what quite a few people had had to go through. Good luck with your phone!

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

I have a white pearl from Tmo and have had a few problems... but nothing I haven't been able to fix
    SMO ;-)

rsto no está en línea Stack level 2

Same here smomus, i have the white pearl from tmo and was surprised to hear all the bugs people were having with the upgrade in OS to .103. I have had this phone since March and have only had very minor issues which were solved in a matter of minutes, granted i can be a lil more forgiving than the hardcore BB users when it comes to certain things. But i havent had any serious issues i cant resolve myself, even after looking for the bugs ppl have mentioned with the .103 OS.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4

I too have been giving this some thought. I haven't had any problems, or what you would consider a problem with my phone. Am I just lucky??? What's really going on here....?? There's a thread that was started here a while back where everyone responded with where the Pearl's were manufactured.

The places ranged from Canada to Mexico to Hungary. It's funny b_d0za mentions blinkberry because that what got me thinking about this. Why does this work for some and not for others?? Blinkberry has NEVER worked on my Pearl. I've downloaded 7 new OS's on this phone since I got it in March and nothing has worked (Blinkberry).

Could where the phones were manufactured have anything to do with why a program does or does not work on the Pearl??? Maybe someone has a little more insight on this, but I've been thinking about this for awhile now....