Hi, I use (well try to) AIM on my phone and about after 5 messages ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

b0ldfacelies no está en línea Stack level 2

Different AIM program?

Advertisement

Hi, I use (well try to) AIM on my phone and about after 5 messages back and forth it always says sending failure (network error) and I have to sign off then sign back on. Is there a program that works better than the default on for AIM on the blackberry? Thanks.
    Jason

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Different AIM program?

IM+ From ShapeServices

http://www.shapeservices.com

solo118 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by ericugs
    IM+ From ShapeServices

http://www.shapeservices.com
    50 bucks!?!?!!
    ramble is free, but its not the best it keeps getting disconnected if you get a phone call... oh well.... it is free...

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

$50 is worth it imo. Best program I've used. Of course I wish there was an alternative, but you get what you pay for...

b0ldfacelies no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah I don't want to pay anything for it. So is ramble better than the defualt one?

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by b0ldfacelies
    Yeah I don't want to pay anything for it. So is ramble better than the defualt one?
    I think they have pros and cons, Ramble disconnects frequently OZ doesn't (usually). Ramble uses data, OZ uses data AND sms. If you're using it just for quick messaging here and there, I'd pick Ramble. But if you're going to leave it on, use OZ. It's better to use use AIM Mobile if that's the case since you're pretty much guaranteed online and not "disconnecting" in between chatting. Just have to sacrifice send time.

McLovin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i feel that if these clients are free on the desktop pc, they should be free on the BB as well. i am not paying $50 for something i get free on my computer.

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

you dont get IM+ For free on your computer . There's a similiar program for yoru desktop called Trillian but even trillian isnt even as useful.

If you dont want to pay, deal with the disconnects, etc. A lot of people use Ramble or yakOn w/ no problems, so maybe you just need to tweak your settings or something.

Noone is forcing you to pay 50$, but for those of us who want to pay for it do, and since you asked for a suggestion we gave it

one68 no está en línea Stack level 1

so w/ ramble or the other programs, are text msg charges applied? i'm assuming not, but wanted to confirm. tia.

cass921 no está en línea Stack level 3

no text charges i cannot send text because i have a boostberry ramble is not the best but it's ok i use it for now.

gcl915 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Too bad that Ramble has no sound on my 7105t. They say that its a bug, which will be fixed in the next release, but they dont know when thats gonna be out

MyPearl no está en línea Stack level 1

I have been trying IM+ for the last few days and i really like it but i have a few questions / issues with it...

can seem to be able to block/unblock users
    if i blocked users while logged on from the PC, IM+ does not tell me that they are blocked.
    Also, i would like to give the contact aliases so i know who they are and do not have to look at the details to figure our who they are...

and $50 seems like a lot of money for IM but it is a nice sw.

RyanM no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c3f46f

Search for Jivetalk on the forums. Best aim program ive used and its only a beta.

BTW, Oz uses txt messages. Not data.
    75% of the earth is covered by water, the other 25% is covered by Bob Sanders