Is there someone that has used alot of different OS's that could tell us some ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C

Differences between OS's.

Advertisement

Is there someone that has used alot of different OS's that could tell us some of the major differences. I had .71 and went to .96 and the only thing I noticed is that you can move your SMS and MMS to a seperate icon. There is a new option in Advanced Options called GPS. And when you are typing a text you can see how characters you have left. Some of the wording and Icons look different but that is all I could find. I was just curious what everyone thought was the best one and why along with the differences from one to another.

Thanks

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Differences between OS's.

You have found most of the major noticeable differences. The rest of the differences are bug fixes, coding enhancements (that result in smoother, faster operation) and the like that improve the overall functionality of the phone.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C

What version are you running and why do you like it?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Some loads are simply more stable than others or work better than others. I know with the 8800 that some loads don't work well with Opera Mini while others do. On the 8700 I recall some loads having better alert volume than others, etc etc.

The problem is that it's very difficult finding release notes on each release.