I'm sure it was something I did, but I don't know what it is or ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jlphotog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Question Did I do something stupid???

Advertisement

I'm sure it was something I did, but I don't know what it is or how to undo it.

My problem is there is absolutely no sound on my ring tones. "My ring tones" or "preloaded ring tones" The phone vibrates but there is no sound. Profile is set to "loud" I've tried it on "normal" as well.

I can't seem to find anything about this issue in the user guide or anywhere on the net.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

By the way The Pearl is my first Blackberry and i have had it for only one week.

Thanks and take care everyone.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Did I do something stupid???

when you go to Profiles, scroll down to Advanced and edit one of the profiles (start with normal for now). There scroll down to Phone. Verify it has Tone, then a ringtone file selected, then volume has medium/loud something you can hear

can you play media files and hear the sound?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Go to Profiles>Scroll down to Advanced>Select your active profile and check the settings for your phone. Make sure it's just not on vibrate.

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

It could also be that you may have set your ring volume under the profiles to be at 0. Take a look at that also. Even if you set your profile to be loud and the volume's at 0, you won't be able to hear the ringers at all.
    THE ONE AND ONLY DAIIKUN
    Otherwise known as "Cherri's Playmate"
    MySpace

jlphotog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

OK problem solved. Thanks guys!!!

Lets just call it a bit of impatience and a bit of inexperience on my part.

All the phones I have had previous to this have vibrated and played the ring tone at the same time. Seems as though the Pearl vibrates first them plays the ring tone with a bit of a delay between the two. Since my voice mail likes to jump in after the third ring I like to answer the phone asap. Well, apparently I have been answering it too fast, before it goes through it's cycle and starts playing the ring tone.

I now have it set to vibrate once instead of the two times that it defaulted to.

So now I have a couple of follow up questions. Is there anyway to have the vibrate and ring tone start at the same time? Also is there a way to eliminate the delay between the two?

Thanks again.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

So now I have a couple of follow up questions. Is there anyway to have the vibrate and ring tone start at the same time? Also is there a way to eliminate the delay between the two?
    Not with the current software.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

You can call your provider and ask them to lengthen the time it takes for your calls to be sent to voicemail. Max is 30 seconds.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~