I did searches but since I'm not exactly sure what to look for I decided ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

slappynutz no está en línea Stack level 1

Dictionary Word Priority

Advertisement

I did searches but since I'm not exactly sure what to look for I decided to start a new thread. Hope I didn't miss an obvious answer.

My question concerns word priority when typing with the Pearl. There's a specific word I use a lot, but when I type it my Pearl always defaults to "duck" offering the word I want as a secondary option. Part of the problem with the 4 key sharing D and F.

So I'm wondering how to order the dictionary so that my word that rhymes with duck but is not duck will be the default word in the dictionary. I rarely talk about ducks, but say the word that rhymes with duck but is not duck a lot.

Thanks in advance.

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Dictionary Word Priority

Try going to Options--> Custom Wordlist, then hit the menu button to the left of the trackball and choose new. Add your word and see what happens. I've never tried it before, but I beleive that's what it's there for. I've got words in there that it added automatically after me using them enough times I guess.

Thanks for the reply. I've already got tons of words in the custom dictionary, the word in question as well, in multiple variations. However the Pearl doesn't seem to "learn" which words I type most often and order them properly as dictionary suggestions. That's just what I was wondering.

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

So I see. I'm not sure about that. Most people here probably type more on their pearl than I do as I don't have a data plan yet. :cry: So I bet someone will answer your question soon.

DoUhOllee no está en línea Stack level 2

yea.. I have the same problem. I always want to say my friends name, Nick. But it types in Buck..

I just wish it would "learn" more effectively. If I'm constantly selecting the word that rhymes with duck but is not duck it should default to using that word.

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you mean ****? Ha mine does it automatically after I type duck and press space.

toon no está en línea Stack level 2

I actually just moved into a new place and bought all new furniture, so I’ve been using the word “sofa” a lot. But every single time, the Pearl gives me the word “soda” instead of “sofa,” and I have to go back and change it. It’s ducking annoying

Out of curiousity, what OS are you running? I upgraded to the TIM 4.2.1.66 because everyone said it’s so much better at learning your speech patterns, but I have to say, that’s the one thing that has gotten worse for me after the upgrade. I never had this problem before (granted, I wasn’t using the word “sofa” that much... But still, in 0.64, it used to learn my word preference and remember it).

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~man mods hate bad words...

proanim8r no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E693F2

Go into options/autotext and make a shortcut to your favorite expletive and use it instead.

mando82 no está en línea Stack level 2

yea, i agree. i upgraded to TIM itally os last week and have noticed myself scrolling through words that before with the TMO os would pick up quickly. now i get all these bogus words.