Morning all. I've a minor annoyance that's sprung up one times too many so I've ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

PicassoLSUS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A3371F

Smile Dialing too fast locks my Pearl

Advertisement

Morning all.

I've a minor annoyance that's sprung up one times too many so I've decided to see if anyone has any input on the problem. This is a problem I'm having when I dial too fast from the home screen...the phone inputs about 2 digits then the DTMF tone locks up, and a popup error comes on screen indicating "uncaught exception javalang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException" . The only way to resolve is with a battery pull. I've adjusted key rate in the options to the maximum thinking maybe I was just dialing too quick but no luck. Anyone? Thanks.

Derek

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Dialing too fast locks my Pearl

Ive never experienced this with any of my BB's, but never had the pearl. Anyone else?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

looks to me like it could be another 'unreported' bug with the TIM OS?
    from your profile it shows that you have upgraded to that version? is that when it started or even before?
    also...how many other apps do you have open when trying to dial from home screen?

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Dunno if this is do-able, but kill the dtmf tone and switch it to somthing else... Had that prob with an old Samsung, turned off the DTMF and noooo more problems.
    Last edited by synik103; 04-05-2007 at 12:20 PM.

PicassoLSUS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A3371F

Well, I do know this did occur prior to the italy update. It's like as it begins recognizing characters typed, and subsequently pulls up the address book, it hangs then gives the error....like it's some sort of issue when accessing the address book from dialing. I am usually very good about not having anything running in the background that doesn't have to be. Not sure what to do but in the meantime I just have to dial more slowly. =\