Hi, i'm a newbie of Blackberry, so don't hate me. I received blackberry just yesterday ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

petronius no está en línea Stack level 1

Dialing Problems

Advertisement

Hi, i'm a newbie of Blackberry, so don't hate me. I received blackberry just yesterday and i have a dialing problems. If i want to call any number i have to prepend to that number the 46. But if i save the numbers in my phonebook with the 46, the phone don't recognise the caller id correctly. How can i prepend automatically 46 to every phone call without changing the correct number in my phoonebok?

Thanks

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

Re: Dialing Problems

Go to call log>options>smart dialing... i think, someone should be along shortly to double check me

and dont worry, we dont hate you
    weve all been there.

welcome to pinstack, and good luck with the berry

Quote Originally Posted by Jacisipmac
    Go to call log>options>smart dialing... i think, someone should be along shortly to double check me

and dont worry, we dont hate you
    weve all been there.

welcome to pinstack, and good luck with the berry
    Sorry but i don't understand you. I try do append x as i saw in the 3d "tips & tricks" but im not sure that's correct, or probably i make some mistakes.

PIN/ID
    23e9128a

hmm well im not sure what append x in the 3d "tips and tricks" is or what it says to do, but what i was talking about was that you:

:: go to your call log (press the green call button from the home screen)

:: press the menu button, (to the left of the trackball)

:: go to options

:: go to smart dialing

:: change the country code from +1 to +46

and that should do it, im sorry if that sounds patronizing, that wasnt my intention at all, i was just trying to be as clear as possible

i hope that works, thats all i know to tell you, if im leading you astray i appologize and someone whould correct me shortly
    Last edited by Jacisipmac; 06-29-2007 at 06:08 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Dialing Problems

hmm well im not sure what append x in the 3d "tips and tricks" is or what it says to do, but what i was talking about was that you:

and that should do it, im sorry if that sounds patronizing, that wasnt my intention at all, i was just trying to be as clear as possible

i hope that works, thats all i know to tell you, if im leading you astray i appologize and someone whould correct me shortly
    You really helped me, and you was very clear, i'm sorry if i don't understand as well as necessary! I tryed to do what you wrote but the calling problem persist cause it doesn't want the symbol + during the dial procedure and i can't eliminate it.

PIN/ID
    23e9128a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That's not good, I'm sorry it didn't work for you, maybe someone else will know how to get rid of that +

Goodluck

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

If you set the country code to Unknown (it's above +1 in the country code list) under Smart Dialing, the + won't be dialed.

It works here in the US without any country code in the phone number in the address book too, but if you need to append 46 it will need to be in your phone book entry.

Does dialing the + make the call not go through?
    JerryD

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    If you set the country code to Unknown (it's above +1 in the country code list) under Smart Dialing, the + won't be dialed.

It works here in the US without any country code in the phone number in the address book too, but if you need to append 46 it will need to be in your phone book entry.

I tryed to set the country code to Unknown and the area code to 46 but the phone don't dial with the 46 append to the number in my phonebook. I tryed every lenght etc. The smart dial works only if i set the country code and the appropriate lenght, but it dials +39 46 then the number... But with the country doce before the 46 the telephone don't work! Sure, if i can eliminate the symbol + i will be ok, but there isn't this options in smart dialing cause the country code are setted by default.

Can i change the firmware of this black to eliminate that symbol?

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala

I thought about another solution that is very simple but very inelegant. I will duplicate the numbers so when i'll receive a call i understand who is then i will reply with the other number added with 46.

I'm so sorry for my english, i hope that you understand, and i hope that you can justify me for my ignorance. Thanks

bbmx no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi everybody. I have had my Pearl for a week and had the same problem until I just read this last post. It worked! Thanks for the help.