Maybe I'm asking too much, but used to have this great funtion at a company ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Zubs no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250814b1

Post Dial Pearl from Outlook

Advertisement

Maybe I'm asking too much, but used to have this great funtion at a company I ran last year. Basically I could start a call from Outlook and my deskphone would make the call.

Since my laptop, headset and Pearl are all Bluetooth enabled, does anyone know of any way I can initiate a phone call from Outlook using my Pearl?

My limited understanding of how this was done, was that Outlook/OS had the phone system setup as a modem. I have a modem in the laptop and could probably do the same from a landline, but I really want to be able to do this using the Pearl, as it’s my business phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Telling me I’m barking mad would also be taken in the best possible way.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Dial Pearl from Outlook

so you want outlook to tell the pearl to call someone from your phone book in outlook? i have to have it in the simplest of terms

Zubs no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    250814b1

Hahaha :-) You got it! It's the whole full size keyboard thing being faster, and since I use Outlook as my Contact Management tool, I usually have the person's contact details open (so I can read the notes), so making the call from here would bee much easier.

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Wow Zubs, that is pretty cool. If you figure it out, let me know. It would be useful at work for me as well.