Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

OKAY. NOTHING on my phone changed . . . . . . What am I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ashcrme no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Devil Phone!!!

Advertisement

OKAY. NOTHING on my phone changed . . . . . .
    What am I doing wrong!?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

hey no apologies needed we have gone through that at least once or may in the future but pray that you are one of the few llucky ones that dont
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Did you delete the vendor.xml file like I specifiied? The new OS will not load without that critical step because it is not an OS released by your carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Did you delete the vendor.xml file like I specifiied? The new OS will not load without that critical step because it is not an OS released by your carrier.
    Where can I find this "vendor.xml" file?

Go to Start>Search. Type in vendor.xml and click Search. Delete it once your PC finds it.

Okay, then what.

Connect your BB to your PC and open Desktop Manager. It should recognize it as an upgrade. Select Do Not Backup (or whatever it says). Let it run its course. Once the Pearl turns on and the splash screen turns on (not sure if you have T-Mobile or Cingular), then you can go to Desktop Manager>Application Loader>Backup and Restore>Restore. Restore the backup you made while installing the new OS. Let phone reboot. See what happens after it reboots.

OKAY. I've fixed it by.. going to the back up / restore thing, or whatever - BUT.

I still have no browser

On your BB, go to Options (wrench icon)>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table. Scroll down to the bold entry. Click the trackball and select Register Now. Go to Setup Internet Email icon. Select Service Books>Send All>Ok. Then pull the battery out of the BB for a few seconds. Put it back in. Turn the BB back on. You should have your Browser, Setup Internet Email, and t-zones (or some other icon depending on your carrier) icons back.

great78ster no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e69aa3

You should backup your phone first on your bb desktop manager. Then go to your carriers website to the downloads section. Look for the system upgrade download for your pearl. Go into your settings menu on the phone, select security options, then go into general settings, scroll to the bottom to where it says services. below that it will say no services, highlight it and hit enter. At the top ove the menu you will see Wipe handheld. Select it. Once its done go into your bb desktop manager. Go to application loader. In the search bar select desktop. Then select add. Find and select the system upgrade you downloaded. Hit add and then start the loader. Once the new software is properly installed it should fix the problem. If not you should do a phone exchange because its defective. The pearl is the best phone ive ever had and ive had alot! Never had a problem on it I couldnt fix with updated software. Give that a shot. Good luck!

great78ster no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e69aa3

If its fixed and you need your browser back go into your carriers web site or call them to have your service books sent. This will give you back your browser icon. Also you should do a full reset at least once a week (battery pull). This will keep it running smooth and fresh!

He should be able to get the service books back using the Setup Internet Email icon on the homescreen.

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    He should be able to get the service books back using the Setup Internet Email icon on the homescreen.
    Just a thought, but if he can run the "Personal Email Setup", doesn't he probably NOT need the service books resent?

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by abcomputin
    Just a thought, but if he can run the "Personal Email Setup", doesn't he probably NOT need the service books resent?

well it really all depends on the carrier

that will help a little bit
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Quote Originally Posted by ashcrme
    People shouldn't issue phones that make customers work on it. Its not fair, these phones should come with a warning.
    Well most PDA users get one because of the ability to owrk on it yourself and not have to rely on some shoddy tech support dept. The problem is that there are a lot of people that are getting BB's and PDA's when they are really out of their league, but they look 'pretty'. This is a case of the complications involved with giving BB users nicer looking and more capable devices.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast