i just got a micro sd card for my 8110 and the device doesn't recognize ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lilmikec no está en línea Stack level 1

device won't recognize micro sd card!?

Advertisement

i just got a micro sd card for my 8110 and the device doesn't recognize it. I tried to format the card in the device, but the option isn't even there. Any ideas? Thanks.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    What size is the card and what OS version is on your BB? Also, are you sure it is inserted properly and is media card support enabled?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    If the Format Card option does not appear on the menu, complete the following steps:
    1. On the Media Card screen, set the Mass Storage Mode Support field to Off.
    2. Display the menu and click Save. The Media Card screen closes automatically.
    3. Click Media Card to reopen the Media Card screen.
    4. To format the media card, display the menu and click Format Card.
    5. A warning message will appear asking if you are certain you would like to format the card. Click Yes to continue.

MissDee79 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi all i'm new and was wondering if formatting my sd card erases it and also if i transferred the files from my sd card are they on my computer?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yes formatting the card does erase it's contents. Yes if you transfer everything to a folder on your computer first then it will all be saved and it's easy to put it all back on the card once it has been reformatted.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ellymay5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    If the Format Card option does not appear on the menu, complete the following steps:
    1. On the Media Card screen, set the Mass Storage Mode Support field to Off.
    2. Display the menu and click Save. The Media Card screen closes automatically.
    3. Click Media Card to reopen the Media Card screen.
    4. To format the media card, display the menu and click Format Card.
    5. A warning message will appear asking if you are certain you would like to format the card. Click Yes to continue.
    When I do this my media card menu screen just freezes up I figured it'd eventually stop thinking maybe it took a while to format but I left it for 20 min and it still wouldn't let me do anything so I had to take the battery out I've tried this several times with the same problem....any suggestions? I have an pearl 8100

unclepops no está en línea Stack level 1
    what you can try doing is first inserting the memory card on your computer and seeing whats on it becasue once you format the card it will erase everything. after you see that there is nothing on the card or you have copied all the contents from it format the memory card in the computer and then put in the blackberry and format it again for blackberry uses and it should work.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    did you go from 4.5 to 4.2? or vice versa? that maybe the problem. had it before.

kgainey113 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i do those steps to format my card, but it says it has failed. what do i do now?