Hey all, 8130 here. I am unable to transfer ring tones, or images etc to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mwdguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Device Not Connected

Advertisement

Hey all,

8130 here. I am unable to transfer ring tones, or images etc to my BB from my BBDM. I can open the DM, connect the BB via the USB, shows my PIN is connected but I can not transfer any media. I can backup and restore etc just can not transfer media files. I Uninstalled, and re installed BBDM, restored to an earlier backup on my BB. Still no luck. When I try to access my BB in My Computer (it's drive F) it shows up in My Computer, but when i click on it it says "Please insert a disk into Drive F".

My BB even shows on the screen "Connected to Desktop"

any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Device Not Connected

Don't bother using DM to transfer files - it's less than half as fast as using "Mass Storage Mode".

In Mass Storage Mode, when you connect your BlackBerry to your computer, its SD card will show up as a disk drive on your computer. Then just drag and drop files to their appropriate folder under the BlackBerry folder.

To enable Mass Storage Mode, go to (Settings/Tools -->) Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card. Make sure Media Card Support is set to On, Mass Storage Mode Support is set to On, and set Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected to either Yes or Prompt.

When in Mass Storage Mode, the SD card will not be available to the BlackBerry Apps (like Media Player). It will be re-enabled when you unplug the device.

Frankly, the Media Manger in Desktop Manager (4.2 SP2 and higher) is not only invasive to your system, but a huge waste of disk space!
    JerryD

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

My Computer (it's drive F) it shows up in My Computer, but when i click on it it says "Please insert a disk into Drive F".
    This statement bothers me. Have you formated your microSD media card yet, using the BB?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    This statement bothers me. Have you formated your microSD media card yet, using the BB?

Rcbjr.

No I haven't since I dont have an SD card in my BB.

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    Don't bother using DM to transfer files - it's less than half as fast as using "Mass Storage Mode".

In Mass Storage Mode, when you connect your BlackBerry to your computer, its SD card will show up as a disk drive on your computer. Then just drag and drop files to their appropriate folder under the BlackBerry folder.

To enable Mass Storage Mode, go to (Settings/Tools -->) Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card. Make sure Media Card Support is set to On, Mass Storage Mode Support is set to On, and set Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected to either Yes or Prompt.

When in Mass Storage Mode, the SD card will not be available to the BlackBerry Apps (like Media Player). It will be re-enabled when you unplug the device.

Frankly, the Media Manger in Desktop Manager (4.2 SP2 and higher) is not only invasive to your system, but a huge waste of disk space!
    I don't have an SD card yet, so the MEdia card option does not show up in my list of options under advanced options all i have is

Applications
    Browser
    Browser Push
    Default services
    Enterprise actvation
    GPS
    Host routing table
    Maps
    Service Book

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49

Since your not using a card you will probably have to turn mass storage mode off otherwise its going to continue to create a "virtual F:" drive. which you dont have. then use Desktop manager to transfer it over. However I would really suggest you get a SD card as the phone really does not have alot of space at all, especially for that sort of data.

Yeah i had planned on picking one up. Kind of picked this phone up right before I came to work, and it will be a week until I get back to any sort of civilization.

I found the media card options, and my mass storage mode was set to on. So i tried turning it off but the DM still wont recognize the device.

Is there a way to directly access the devices internal memory from My COmputer?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Desktop manager doesn't recognize it at all? Try this, go to Options/Media Card and make sure Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when connected is set to off. Then connect to the BB to your PC and open Desktop manager. Open the Options menu and select Connection Settings. Set USB and click on the Detect Button. Then try to use media manager to move the stuff to the PC.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Desktop manager recognizes it, but roxio media manager or whatever the heck it is called won't. I can back up my BB and restore it etc but can't transfer media files.