So, to add to the new toy blues, my desktop softwear wont install. Aka, I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

THOR4LIFE no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop softwear question

Advertisement

So, to add to the new toy blues, my desktop softwear wont install. Aka, I cant sync with my PC, or load music onto my 8100. Is there another program I can use to put some music on my phone?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Desktop softwear question

You should be able to use put music directly on your memory card. Make sure mass storage is enabled. (Options, Apps, Advanced, Media Card.) Plug in the USB to your computer and phone, let the computer download your USB software, and the prompt should come up to open the files on your media card. It works for me no problem.

Well, I just tried to plug it in to my usb and I got this: "USB charging current is not sufficient., Verify that your handgeld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed." So, no big deal, I dont really want/need to charge though my USB anyways. But when I go to My Computer, it shows a removable disk F, but when I click it, it says that I need to incert a card into drive F....which there is....

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Is the card formatted? I know at work I don't have the software downloaded on our Computer, but the F-drive/ G-drive (whichever) still comes up and lets me move music and pics to my phone. Its weird b/c it won't come up if my keypad's locked, but when unplug the USB, unlock the keypad, and plug the USB back in, it works. I just know you have to have the USB 2.0 software downloaded to do this. My computer downloaded it automatically when I plugged it in the first time w/o the software. HOpe this all helps, I'm new to Pinstack

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~or get the latest dm maybe that will help

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Well if you have Vista then there's always been little issues with that. You can check out this thread.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ger_vista.html
    You can grab a newer version of the Desktop Manager here
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

Try what everyone suggested first. Make sure its formated, and mass storage is on.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rosd_chip.html

Hope this helps let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Don't have vista, but I'm downloading the new version of the manager. And yes, the card is formated and mass storage is on. I've gotten around some of the stuff by emailing files to myself, then checking my mail on my bb and downloaded the file that way...but I'd hope that the manager would make that prosess a little faster.