I downloaded it onto my desktop...now what? I double click on it and I get ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vbm510 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a30769

Question Desktop_Software_v4.2_SP2_(English) HOW TO INSTALL?

Advertisement

I downloaded it onto my desktop...now what? I double click on it and I get an error. What do I need to do?

PIN/ID
    24a30769

Re: Desktop_Software_v4.2_SP2_(English) HOW TO INSTALL?

Can somebody please help install this?

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

AW: Desktop_Software_v4.2_SP2_(English) HOW TO INSTALL?

This is very helpful... What error ?
    Maybe incomplete download, maybe restricted rights on your PC.

PIN/ID
    24a30769

Desktop_software_v4.2_SP2_(English).exe is not a valid Win 32 application

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

AW: Desktop_Software_v4.2_SP2_(English) HOW TO INSTALL?

download the software again, download seems to be incomplete

marcpitch no está en línea Stack level 2

Other than the enormous file and time to download (230mb).....this should DL and work fine. My guess is that it did not download properly. It dowloads into zipped files if my memory serves me.

As a side note, my BB 8100 would not work properly when installing a 3rd party software...In fact, I ended up exchanging my phone 2 times before I found out about the updated device and desktop software. Low and behold, the new software allowed my phone to work with my application and all was solved....(the software on the disk that came with the phone, 2 weeks ago, was about 10 months old!)

So, why couldn't there be an insert in the box pointing users to the website to download the newest software? Or, why couldn't ONE of the many AT&T reps at the large store where I purchased my phone know that every user should be directed to updating their device and desktop software? Instead, I was repeatedly told that 3rd party apps, even if made for the BB, could screw up various functions of the phone.

Am I asking too much?!

i am 13 years and updated a new OS on my pearl and updated the DM without a prob.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcpitch
    Other than the enormous file and time to download (230mb).....this should DL and work fine. My guess is that it did not download properly. It dowloads into zipped files if my memory serves me.

As a side note, my BB 8100 would not work properly when installing a 3rd party software...In fact, I ended up exchanging my phone 2 times before I found out about the updated device and desktop software. Low and behold, the new software allowed my phone to work with my application and all was solved....(the software on the disk that came with the phone, 2 weeks ago, was about 10 months old!)

So, why couldn't there be an insert in the box pointing users to the website to download the newest software? Or, why couldn't ONE of the many AT&T reps at the large store where I purchased my phone know that every user should be directed to updating their device and desktop software? Instead, I was repeatedly told that 3rd party apps, even if made for the BB, could screw up various functions of the phone.

Am I asking too much?!
    No. The reason you went thru all that is because most AT&T reps don't have the proper training to solve problems. That's why I love TMobile and I do my own troubleshooting before I call them.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Well first and foremost i must explain to all this sp2 version of DM is bundled with Roxio media manager software it installs it automatically on you pc , roxio software is notorious for creating untold conflicts on pc, s , if you can stick with sp1 dm its less bloated and has less compatibility problems , but i suppose you are using windows vista , well vista is a problem all on its own , stick with XP if you have to use windows and sp1 for dm , hope this helps a little .