I am able to receive emails on my blackberry from BIS setup. I have also ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hoggettm no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Desktop Redirector and Desktop Manager not working correctly?

Advertisement

I am able to receive emails on my blackberry from BIS setup. I have also installed desktop redirector and destkop manager.

PROBLEM 1: The redirector always has a status of stopped and the message NO PIN.

PROBLEM 2: When I run destkop manager having connected the pearl it recognises that it there - says working, has the PIN showing BUT I cannot then access any of the icons e.g. email, of sync

I have outlook installed and a separate server hosting exchange 5.5.

Any ideas?

The minimum I want to be able to do is at least reconcile emails - but again if install the BIS option (not the option with the redirector - it won't let me reconcile emails?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Desktop Redirector and Desktop Manager not working correctly?

hoggettm, Welcome to PinStack.

Without being on a BES you will not be able to reconcile emails on your desktop. Redirector is meant for use with BES or at least an exchange server, I'm not sure about it, but not with BIS, It looks like you installed the Desktop Manager(DM) using the Enterprise Option instead of the Personal Option.

Without being on a BES, you will not have email sync accessable using DM. Have you set up the Sync configuration for the other apps that DM will sync?

You may have to uninstall DM and re-install it using the Personal Option.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

I think redirector is to be used with BIS, since all the pushing is done at the server level if you have BES and wouldn't need desktop redirector.

I was not a big fan of the desktop redirector (i'm on BIS). It worked well for awhile, but required the computer running the program to be logged onto the network in order to redirect. The program is installed on the computer and grabs the email from the server, then "redirects" it to your BB device. If the computer is not on or logged in, the program can't access the email server.

I had a problem with it when my i had to uninstall it and later reinstall it...it seems to have a bug that doesn't do a clean uninstall, so after reinstalling it it can't access the BB server.

Try using Mail Connector instead. Not sure how it works with T-mo but it worked alright with Cingular. Go to your BB account setup page and enter in the email address that you are trying to forward. If it is a work email or similar, it will ask to download Mail Connector to your computer.

The problem i have with this program is that everytime i restart my comptuer, i have to go through the installation process again, (the BB website doesn't recognize that i have it installed after restart, so i havce to go through the installation again).

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BES & Redirector are necessary together. Redirector controls how BES relates the mail server information to the BlackBerry device.

Redirector without BES was for that brief period of time before BWC / BIS.

Redirector without BES can still be used, but the computer must remain on and running whenever you want email delivered to your BlackBerry.

But, if you're using BIS, Redirector becomes redundant and unnecessary. I suppose that in theory, if not producing errors, it will at least produce duplicates of all emails on the BlackBerry.

As for this "email reconcile" business, what are you deairing to accomplish?

If you want the emails you compose and send from your BlackBerry using BIS to appear on your computer, this is setup from within BIS itself.

If you have IMAP mail, then it's already happening. If you have POP3, then simply add an "auto BCC" to the account.

hoggettm no está en línea Stack level 1

Lewis. If I use the BCC account auto feature it will just come to the inbox won't it not appear as a sent item on my exchange mailbox. Another thing I was wondering about is whether there are any low cost hosted BES servers I could register with to enable syncing/reconciling?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You have your own Exchange server? How many users?

You may consider running your own BES. It's actually quite affordable, the first user is free, and subsequent users are $99, to a maximum of 15.

It's called BES Express.

I don't have a URL for this, but it's on the BlackBerry site.