Hi, I am a newbie to Blackberry. Currently I own BB Pearl. I am trying ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

prabhup no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop ReDirector

Advertisement

Hi,

I am a newbie to Blackberry. Currently I own BB Pearl. I am trying to redirect all my office emails (Outlook) to my BB. I succeeded but partially . That is, I am not receiving the attachments in the mail (at the bottom of the mail in BB it shows the attachment name & size but there is no option to open it) . Am I missing any set up to receive & open the attachments? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

whitey1122 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f672f0

Re: Desktop ReDirector

what service provider are you using? In my case I use the Blackerberry Internet service with the Mail Connector installed on my work desktop and I am able to recieve all of my emails with attachments without a problem. btw I'm using Cingular

Hi,

I am using TMO.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

When your in the email, did you click menu, and go to open attachment?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Also, your email admin may be dropping the attachment or not allowing the attachment to send. Have you checked with them?
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I too am using the redirector to forward my corporate emails and I am using BIS for my personal emails. I too do NOT get the attachments send with. I do not think is the admin blocking them, but the redirector not sending the attachments. It may be stripping them.

Can you set up a rule to forward your emails to your BB email address? This may circumvent the redirector. BTW I am on Cingular...but I think the function is still the same no matter what the carrier is...
    Michael

In the case forwarding to tmo mail, we cannot reply to the mail with addresses in the header...

Badly need help on this.

I tried with Mail Connector but gives some error

Any thoughts?

wankim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A085F7
    I use mail connector at my office. There are a bunch of crazy server side rules that prevent us from just creating a forwarding rule. The only problem I had with getting Mail Connector to work was the step in the setup where it asks if you want to share the app. Just don't fill in anything and you should be Ok. It seems to work pretty good, but the lag time is a little weird sometimes. Msg me if you have any questions. PIN is in my profile.