::: bowing to his superiors ::: Oh, wise ones: Still deeply in lust w/ my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tgdavidson no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop manager won't recognize BB

Advertisement

::: bowing to his superiors :::
    Oh, wise ones:

Still deeply in lust w/ my Pearl after five weeks. But tonight the desktop manager just up and stop recognizing it when I plug it in via USB. Instead of the usual, moderately irritating Windows "do-DUM" signal that it's connected, Windows gives me three fast "do-do-do" notes - and the DM continues to read "disconnected." (The Pearl itself shows as charging, but no sign that it's connected.)

As usual, the folks at desktop support at my office are muttering things like, "uhhh, what's a Pearl," and the old chestnut, "Have you tried rebooting?" (Answers: Something far cooler than you'll ever play with, and, yes.)

Thoughts or suggestions?

I'm running DM 4.2.0.14 on an XP platform, and BES for e-mail.

The Pearl (which is still receiving wireless e-mail and phone service) is on Cingular, and is running v4.2.0.69.

Thanks in advance for all help and consideration.

(And, by the way, the video thread here completely rocks. Total strangers now drool when I watch movies in airports. Hee.)

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Desktop manager won't recognize BB

1) try clicking options from the DM app. Then select detect. Try that first.
    Let me look for a thread on this in a bit
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

Thanks, Toddboy. Tried the 'select' to force it to see the BB; no luck.

One odd thing I saw while poking around on that, however: the BB device manager icon popped up in my system tray; when I opened it and clicked the 'device connection' tab, it had only line in the table: "Connection: COM3 - disabled." No sign there that there's ANY USB connection at all. Don't know if that's significant - or if perhaps the USB connection once existed there and got corrupted ...

Fixed. As it turns out, something got corrupted in the DM software. The repair was straightforward: Popped in the CD; went to control panel - uninstall program, launched the path to uninstall the Desktop Manager software ... then clicked the 'repair' button in the wizard (rather than the 'uninstall' button).

tgd