Hi all Not sure if this should be in the Desktop software section or here, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

AlShack no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Manager syncing with Outlook problem

Advertisement

Hi all

Not sure if this should be in the Desktop software section or here, so apologies!

I have a Pearl 8100 (version 4.2.0.67) and sync it with Outlook 2003 using BB Desktop Manager software (v 4.2.8.1).

I have about 3000 calendar entries in Outlook, and would really like them all in my BB. However, when I sync them the BB tries to remove some entries from Outlook. This does not happen all the time, and not always for the same number of entries.

For example, I can do a clean sync, and all 3000 calendar entried get transferred across. If I do a sync immediately afterwards, all is well. I can even add a couple of entries on either BB or Outlook & they sync fine. However, for no apparent reason, next time I sync (be that immediately afterwards, or the next day), the Desktop Manager software attempts to delete Outlook records.

Initially it may try & delete, say, 800 records. So I cancel the sync and do another one. This time it tries to delete 1024. Next time 1100! There is no pattern.

I'm getting rather frustrated at having to export my entire Calendar in Outlook, clear it down and re-sync each time just to make sure I do not lose any calendar entries.

Am I asking too much of the BB to store 3000 entries? I probably don't need them all in there, but I would realy like them in there.

Please help!

Cheers
    Alan

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Desktop Manager syncing with Outlook problem

JerryD

Hey - thanks for the reply, but that didn't seem to help. I don't actually have conflicts, just things being deleted.

I looked in my BB calendar and there were only 323 items in the calendar, whereas there were nearly 3000 earlier. All I have done on the BB since the last sync is make a few calls, update a contact, pick up some emails and send some text messages - I haven't even been into the calendar!

Cheers
    Alan

Sorted it (thanks to those who helped!).

The BB was set to keep calendar items for 60 days only, hence tit trying to delete the Outlook items.

Seems bizarre that the BB can override the settings in the desktop software, but there you go.

Cheers
    Alan