Hey guys, I just bought a new blackberry pearl from someone yesterday, since my old ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

slikk no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop Manager Q's

Advertisement

Hey guys,

I just bought a new blackberry pearl from someone yesterday, since my old one fell in the pool. I have the white pearl TMO one, but my carrier is AT&T. I got my brother to get me the unlock code for it so I can start using it for my sim, but I have a few questions.

1. Would I be able to put the AT&T software update on this TMO phone?

2. Currently the 8100 is on a 4.2 software, I'm planning to put the new 4.5 AT&T software, but i'm not sure which desktop manager should I use for doing so, any advice?

I have more Q's but those are the two main things i'm trying to figure out before I go installing who knows what on my phone. thanks

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Install latest DM 4.7. You can install any providers OS all long as its for your phone just delete vendor.xml. Links to OS and DM with instructions.http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...atest+pearl+os~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I suggest DM 4.6. Many people have had issues with getting the 4.7 DM to recognize a new OS for upgrading their BB and there is nothing in 4.7 that's any better than 4.6 IMHO.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    +1 on the 4.6 DM.

Sorry Jason!

Also one more question. I haven't received the unlock code for the phone yet, so would it be wise to put AT&T OS on the phone when it hasnt been unlocked yet or should i wait to unlock it do go about doing that.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You can put the OS from any carrier on your BB as long as it is meant for your device and you delete the vendor xml file. The OS has nothing to do with it being locked or unlocked, so go for it
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

problem

Okay, so I went ahead and got 4.6DM and I been had installed the OS for the phone on my computer. I made a back up of my blackberry then JL whiped it and now it's error 597 on the screen.

I went to desktop manager and tried to load new application and it was reading the phone, then it didnt have any new application that it could find to install the OS on the phone, how do i get out of this situation?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Slikk,

On your computer go to Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features if you're on Vista) and see if the OS is there. Would say something like BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.

If you uninstalled DM prior to loading 4.6, sometimes that process will also delete any OS that was on your PC as well. I suspect this is what happened.

Could also be that you didn't delete the vendor.xml file which would be located on your PC here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

Simply highlight that file and delete it.

Cheers,
    Roger