i cant get the desktop manager to work for my phone... i have the v4.3 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dnaL0R no está en línea Stack level 1

desktop manager not working, please help!!

Advertisement

i cant get the desktop manager to work for my phone... i have the v4.3 on my phone so i DL the v4.3 manager from the bb site... when i try to connect my phone and try to upload themes and junk along with delete features like the vac, it only recognizes the apps that i DL, none that came with the phone... can some tell me exactly what i need to DL to fully utilize the desktop manager with my 8130? thnx in advance... i've been working on it for a couple nights now and i think i have DL the actual manager prog about 3 times... i am SO confused~!! sos

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: desktop manager not working, please help!!

did you download the handheld software for your phone also?

dnaL0R no está en línea Stack level 1

handheld software? i just got my phone a few days ago and it came with the bb v4.3 os loaded in it... as for my pc, i dl the desktop software v4.3 and installed the desktop manager v4.3 via install cd that came with the phone... i'm trying to get rid of the vad and add some new theme files onto my phone and i believe im on the right track according to other threads describing the methods to do this...

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

You need the BB OS on your PC first. D/L the OS here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...A347EF5&step=4
    After installation, browse to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vedor.xml file. You should be able to add/remove apps then. Also, this may be a newer verson of the OS so it may want to update the BB OS also.

Let me know how it goes and welcome to the stacks!