I recently upgraded to the BB Pearl, I loaded the Desktop manager that came with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

munchkyn58 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Desktop Manager Issue

Advertisement

I recently upgraded to the BB Pearl, I loaded the Desktop manager that came with the device. I used that software to add add'l apps and when I did it removed some scripts from my device. I was unable to access several of my applications, also it deleted my browser and medianet icons. I was able to find a resolution. If this happens to you, you will need to download the BB Desktop Software, v4.2 SP1 (this is the version I used). From there download BB Pearl (maine slate 8100c). This is also an option for the Red Pearl if you have that one. Then resend your service books. Now I have my icons back and also I am able to use all my applications. You can get these downloads from cingular.com/bbdownloads.

By the way I love this site, there is all sorts of useful information, you all are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Desktop Manager Issue

The problem of the disappearing icons has been posted a lot here and elsewhere.
    [FONT=serif]Apparently[/FONT]
    there is some kind of problem with the older Peral firmware, so your solution is best.

However, for future reference, simply logging into your provider's BIS site and going to Service Books and hitting the Send Service Books button should bring back the missing icons.

Links to all North American BIS sites can be found at the bottom of this page:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...072FCFEB8BC1FD
    JerryD

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ munchkyn,

Welcome to the stacks, and congratulations on your berry!

Angie

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    The problem of the disappearing icons has been posted a lot here and elsewhere.
    [FONT=serif]Apparently[/FONT]
    there is some kind of problem with the older Peral firmware, so your solution is best.

However, for future reference, simply logging into your provider's BIS site and going to Service Books and hitting the Send Service Books button should bring back the missing icons.

Links to all North American BIS sites can be found at the bottom of this page:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...072FCFEB8BC1FD
    Actually, This problem is associated with the Desktop Manager/OS combination that came on the Newer Pearls (And maybe other devices). THere is a module that gets deleted. The BlackBerry Tech Center has a Knowledge Base article on it, KB12598. It is not a problem with the older Pearl Firmware, but the newer in the box.

And if you have this problem, sending the service books will not restore the Browser Icons, unless the OS is restored first. Usually a register Now following an OS install will restore the Browsers.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

munchkyn58 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for all the feedback on this. It took me a while to get it fixed. I was working on it for a few hours last night. And yes, rcbjr that is exactly what I had to do.