Just a little background.... 8100 tmo .64. I recently purchased a new computer with vista ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

Desktop Manager help

Advertisement

Just a little background.... 8100 tmo .64. I recently purchased a new computer with vista home premium and I am trying to download the Desktop Manager 4.2 sp2. It downloads succesfully and all that goood stuff but when I try to open it i get an error message that says this is not a valid win32 program. Ive read through every post here on pinstack and have tried to reinstall it several times. Im stuck, frustrated, and lost. Any help out there? thanks in advance

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

Re: Desktop Manager help

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for the response reddog. I have gone through these steps before. I will try again tomorrow and post results then. Thank you!

PIN/ID
    STACK

no problem, i hope it works

PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

When trying step 2 from above link
    "The Desktop Manager installation package is actually a self extracting Zip file that automatically runs the actual installer (BlackBerrySetup.exe). If you simply run the EXE you download, the package will extract to your Temp directory and run BlackBerrySetup.exe from there. The problem here is that if you want to modify your installation at a later time (like change from BIS to BES), there's a good chance that the full package will no longer be available in the Temp directory and you'll have to re-install instead. Best practice is to use a utility such as WinZip to extract the contents of the EXE you download to an empty directory and run BlackBerrySetup.exe from there. I keep a directory C:\Windows\Options and extract to a subdirectory under that - BBDesktop42SP2 for example, in which case I'd run C:\Windows\Options\BBDesktop42SP2\BlackBerrySetup. exe to install."

I get an error message when trying to extract blackberrysetup.exe. I have tried extracting it to the desktop and to other folders. I either get access is denied or file is corrupt. I am going to try to reinstall one more time... after that my patience with windows vista will probably be gone

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by labevlol
    When trying step 2 from above link
    "The Desktop Manager installation package is actually a self extracting Zip file that automatically runs the actual installer (BlackBerrySetup.exe). If you simply run the EXE you download, the package will extract to your Temp directory and run BlackBerrySetup.exe from there. The problem here is that if you want to modify your installation at a later time (like change from BIS to BES), there's a good chance that the full package will no longer be available in the Temp directory and you'll have to re-install instead. Best practice is to use a utility such as WinZip to extract the contents of the EXE you download to an empty directory and run BlackBerrySetup.exe from there. I keep a directory C:\Windows\Options and extract to a subdirectory under that - BBDesktop42SP2 for example, in which case I'd run C:\Windows\Options\BBDesktop42SP2\BlackBerrySetup. exe to install."

I get an error message when trying to extract blackberrysetup.exe. I have tried extracting it to the desktop and to other folders. I either get access is denied or file is corrupt. I am going to try to reinstall one more time... after that my patience with windows vista will probably be gone
    Sorry for your troubles. Was never a fan of Vista, kinda glad I never upgraded. Would rather go to Linux then Vista. Good luck though. You can try PMing the OP of that Vista post. Maybe they can help.