When I connect my 8100 to the DM, the DM shows my PIN and "connected" ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

backdraft999 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20C8618D

Desktop Manager Help

Advertisement

When I connect my 8100 to the DM, the DM shows my PIN and "connected" at the bottom. My problem is that I can't do anything with the DM. I have double-clicked on everything (app loader, backup & restore, media manager, etc.), but nothing happens... nothing will open up. My DM version is v4.2.2.10, BBDevMgr v3.2.0.1, RIM USB driver v3.1.0.1, RIM USB Serial driver v2.1.0.1. My destop is running XP. When I initially connect the 8100 to the destop, a message on the phone appears that akss if I wnat to use the phone as a mass storage device. I have tried it both ways and still nothing on the DM will open up. Any suggestions?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Desktop Manager Help

hmmm...wel the mass mode is just for loading info on the memory card. try uninstalling and reinstalling the dm, or see if you can download it from your carrier's website (if available)

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

You have to make sure you say "No" to Mass Storage Mode, otherwise DM won't see your Berry.

My DM takes a couple of minutes to "release" the phone when its going through the connection process. It won't let me open an app during that time. You might try letting it work for a minute or two and see what happens.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

backdraft999 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20C8618D

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    You have to make sure you say "No" to Mass Storage Mode, otherwise DM won't see your Berry.

My DM takes a couple of minutes to "release" the phone when its going through the connection process. It won't let me open an app during that time. You might try letting it work for a minute or two and see what happens.
    Yeah, I've left it connected for up to 20 minutes and still nothing... I've also clicked no to the mass storage and still nothing...