i just downloaded version 4.2 and it installs but everytime i start it up it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

NElsonAQuino no está en línea Stack level 2

desktop manager help

Advertisement

i just downloaded version 4.2 and it installs but everytime i start it up it says connection to messaging system and it never responds after that? i then uninstalled it and tried re-installing the one that came with the tmobile package cd and the same thing started happening with that one. any ideas?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: desktop manager help

Does it say "Disconnected" or "Connected" at the bottom?

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Sounds like maybe you installed for BES account. I can't remember exactly what it says, but there is an option before it actually starts to install. Choose the one that is for without BES account or BIS or whatever it is. Maybe someone will come by who remembers exactly what it says. I'm not positive this will fix your problem, but it is worth a shot. Do you remember which option you chose?

Picasosz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2E96

If You Set It Up as BES and do not have A BES account you will get this error. It is important to know what kind of service you have BES vs BIS

thanks guys i got that working.. now can u guys help me on how do i exactly install the new OS on my pearl. the italy version. thanks once again

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Use this link http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...y_8100_os.html

Back up your BB. Install the Device OS. Delete "vendor.xml" from your PC. Connect BB to PC. Open Application Loader and make sure this is checked. Click Finish.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Use this link http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...y_8100_os.html

Back up your BB. Install the Device OS. Delete "vendor.xml" from your PC. Connect BB to PC. Open Application Loader and make sure this is checked. Click Finish.
    when i downlaoded the app from the site it saves as 8100M_Pbr.... and its a .exe file. so i install it. and like i dont see that anythign happens. so i searced and deleted the vendor file and then when i plus my BB in to my pc and open up app loader.. nothing happens like i dont see any new files to install or anything..