Last night I downloaded from RIM the latest Desktop Manager for my new pearl. After ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

horgand1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240D13AB

Desktop Manager Browser Problem

Advertisement

Last night I downloaded from RIM the latest Desktop Manager for my new pearl. After installing the software to my PC and Pearl I no longer have the browser icon and lost my Blackberry Data Connection. My e-mail is still being directed to my phone. Did I fail to check off the right boxes when I installed the new software? This a private use phone and the only box I checked was the Redirect e-mail using the Blackberry Desktop Redirector. The other thing I noticed when I looked at the About Desktop Manager on the help menu, there is no information shown when I clicked on the Handheld Software Tab. The phone was connected to the laptop at the time. How can I get my Blackberry Browser back?
    </SPAN>

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!

Re: Desktop Manager Browser Problem

I'm assuming this is an att pearl as they seem to be the only ones which have this bug, download and install the newst handheld soft ware for the pearl from the att download site and all will be fine, after that point feel free to load whatever os u wish onto ur device.

ameilius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DDD916

Quote Originally Posted by PiMPSP
    I'm assuming this is an att pearl as they seem to be the only ones which have this bug, download and install the newst handheld soft ware for the pearl from the att download site and all will be fine, after that point feel free to load whatever os u wish onto ur device.
    there ya go

horgand1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240D13AB

Did a search on the board and one of the members had the same problem. He did the following to restore his browser.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I lost my BB Browser the other day on my 8830 and how I got mine back was going to options then advanced options then host routing table then hit your options button (directly left to your trackball) then click register and then mine came right back.
    Best of luck

I did the same thing an my browser icon showed back up and so did my data service. Thanks to all for this knowledge base!!!

mwdguy no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks this fixed my problem i just made a thread about it