Hi i was wondering if there is someone way for me to install the desktop ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

phatman9 no está en línea Stack level 2

desktop manager at work?

Advertisement

Hi i was wondering if there is someone way for me to install the desktop manager on my work pc. when i try to install it it tells me that i dont have enough rights. I was wondering if someone knew of a workaround. Like maybe installing it on a thumbdrive or something like that. The thing is that i tried looking for a way to redirect the installation files to another folder but i couldnt find it. if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: desktop manager at work?

Desktop manager requires certain entries to be made in the windows registry. You would have to know what entries were necessary and what to set them to so the PC could use the thumb drive installation. But then editing the registry requires admin rights also, so youre in the same boat. There is a reason your company IT department limits who has software installation authority.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

How about being able to redirect the installation files to another folder on the PC instead of on the thumb drive?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

It doesn't matter what folder you put it in. The installation still needs to write to the registry, and since your IT department won't allow that then you can't install it on your work PC. As Rcbjr said, your stuck in a boat without a paddle.

The only work around this one is to ask your IT department. I'm thinking the answer will be a "no" but maybe they might say "yes" it might be worth a try.

Good Luck
    ~red

alright a boat without a paddle it is. thank you guys

soniapti no está en línea Stack level 1

at my work, (medical billing) i asked and they said no, cause essentially you can use the bb as mass storage which amkes no sense because i can connect a thumb drive

joe_2224 no está en línea Stack level 1

Were you able to find a work around and use the thumbdrive to run desktop manager?