Hope everyone is having a good weekend, I was thinking about if I needed to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gymkapp1 no está en línea Stack level 2

desktop manager

Advertisement

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, I was thinking about if I needed to use manager program on another computer to put info to my phone. Rather than carrying the disk around with me, can I save the desktop manager program to my card so i can download to another computer from whenever i wanted? Does that make sense? If so is it possible

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: desktop manager

sure. just make sure you've got mass-storage enabled so windows can see it. then copy the entire contents of the install disk to a folder on you sd card. you get to the new computer and copy that folder to the new computer and run it. piece of cake!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

You may not see the BlackBerry or the SD Card if you plug into a computer that doesn't have the BlackBerry USB Drivers installed.

Sometimes (if you have sufficient rights and Internet access) you can install the needed BlackBerry Drivers using Windows Update.

If you carry a separate USB Key, you can keep the BlackBerry USB drivers handy. Simply copy the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\USB Drivers" directory to your USB Key and point to that directory if you need them.
    JerryD

Now when you say copy the entire content to toa folder on the sd card,how do i do that. I put the disk in and and obviously plug the phone in ,enable mass storage,then what? Thanks for the quick reply

so, you've got mass-storage enabled. plug in your blackberry. double click 'my computer.' your sd card should show in windows as a drive. double-click that. double-click the 'blackberry' folder. right-click and select 'new folder.' name it 'apps' or something. close this explorer window. put in the install cd. cancel the installation. right-click 'my computer' and select 'explore.' in the left pane, highlight the cd. in the right pane, highlight one single item. do a ctrl-a to select all. go edit|copy. in the left pane, expand your sd card by clicking on +. find the 'apps' folder you created and right-click on it. select 'paste.'

ta da!

it worked,thats awesome,thank you so much!

my pleasure! (don't forget to give me trust points! )