hey, im really new to my blackberry (got it about a week or so) and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BoraBora no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop App. Loader Problem

Advertisement

hey, im really new to my blackberry (got it about a week or so) and when i load the app. loader under the application name i get this message.

" The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

I checked what version my phone is using and it is 4.3 so i downloaded 4.3 off the website so i know that is not the problem.

Someone please help!

thanks,
    BoraBora

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You need bothe the Device and the Desktop software. You have the Desktop. Now you need to download the one for your "Device"

You can find the newest Software package for your device here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html

Find the one for your carrier and device. Download the one that says Device or Handheld software, run/install it, then you should be good to go. Youuu can make sure you are downloading the same one by checking your OS number against the one in the download link. To find yours hold the ALT key on your BB and type "eace" and look for the App version numbers on the Help Me screen that appears
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Welcome to Pin Stack
    I have a couple questions before we can help you with your problem.

Have you downloaded the software pack from your service providers website for your blackberry?
    or is it just the 4.3 version of the desktop manager that you have downloaded?

Get back to us ASAP and we can get you and your App loader up and running

regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I believe you downloaded it but never double clicked the icon to actually install onto pc. if u did it right it should show up on ur add/remove program list under control panel of pc.

BoraBora no está en línea Stack level 1
    i didn't even think about the device software for the fact my comp said it was installing them when i plugged it in for the first time. although im assuming both softwares were on the disc that came with the phone. which was sadly lost at my friends house as his mom likes to tidy up his room. and it has been ever since then it wasn't working. i am downloading the device software now from the link above.

thanks for your help.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    no problem.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It doesn't come on the CD with the Desktop Manager....at least it didn't for my 8130. It was a seperate download. Let us know if you have any other questions
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4