Hi, At first my Pearl worked like a charm, but about 2 weeks ago, my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bridger no está en línea Stack level 2

desk top prgram won't see the media card

Advertisement

Hi,
    At first my Pearl worked like a charm, but about 2 weeks ago, my desktop software stopped recognizing my 1 gig media card, even though it did before. If i pull the card out, i can read it with a card reader, i can load images and mp3s to it and the pearl will let me use them in the phone as normal, i just can not load or see them using the desktop software. Any ideas would be appreciated as it is annoying to have to pull that tine cars out everytime

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: desk top prgram won't see the media card

Check out your Options -> Advanced Options -> Media Card and see if the media card options are 'On'.

Yes All the media card options are on, any other ideas?

PIN/ID
    Ask

Another thing to try. Try using a different USB port on your computer/laptop. See if it has something to do with your computer. Moving to another USB port may be enough to force your operating system to relook at the device being connected.

My brain is still thinking so I'll post as they become understand'able, lol.

thanks i will try that, right now i am upgrading the software, it seems to be stuck on the second last step "wait for device initialization" Windows wnat me to reboot before the device, i presume the Pearl will be active, but i am afraid to reboot in the middle of the upgrade, So i am watching the hourglass on my pearl........

PIN/ID
    Ask

yeah, hold off and let the hourglass go away before you do anything...

well, I rebooted, but it seems to have worked out ok. After teh reboot , the device resynched adn all my data is back, and guess what ,the media card is now visible. I guess the reload forced it to "relook" for the card as you have suggested with the changing of the USB port. at any rate thank you very much for your prompt answer. BTW your Audi logo... I am looking at the Audi 4 with manual stick and the new BMW 330 coupe, which one would you suggest?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

also under the options enable mass media when connected should be turned to off.
    that should do ya
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!