Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know that there is the sticky on making video, etc., but if I posted ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Lightbulb Demo of Video On Pearl and Download For You

Advertisement

I know that there is the sticky on making video, etc., but if I posted this in the sticky thread, not many would see it, at least not many of us new members.

So Admins please don't move this to the video thread.

Anyway:

I posted on YouTube a demo I made of the Pearl playing a video. tthought I'd post it here too.

For those who want to see the movie, without degradation that YouTube postings create, here is the movie that's on YouTube.
    It's a 21MB files so dial-up accounts stay away :

Note: ALL MY FILES ARE VIRUS FREE, I HAVE TRIPLE PROTECTION ON MY PC.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/pearl_0002.wmv

For those of you who are depressed for lack of sample videos you can immediately try on your Pearl, here is the video, ready
    to go.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/PearlSampleVideo.3GP

Simply right click the link, press "save target as" and download to your PC. Then transfer a copy to your Pearl. [Preferably on to your MicroSD chip, into the video folder]. I do not know if size limitations on your device memory will allow transfer on to the 8100's memory space.

Bonus Note: The cool thing about the 8100 Pearl is that a 3 minute stereo music video converted for the Pearl is only 3.8MB!! That is LESS THAN some MP3 files!

Here is a link to the movie I made that is on YouTube :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1rwsIFL_0-0

For those of you confused about instructions on how to convert videos [even after reading the thread on encoding], all you need is the info below!

You simply use Super C [a free program] and one of its default settings (Sony Ericsson). This means you do NOT have to tinker with the settings, except where indicated in the below graphic.

Here is a link to Super C, the ONLY program you need to start converting your own videos to play on your Pearl:

http://www.erightsoft.com/S7f01.html

It's kinda hard to find the download link, so here is the program. Simply right click and save target as to download to your PC.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/SuperCsetup.exe

Lastly, here is a pic showing the Super C interface. The indicated settings are the exact ones I have used to make the sample video that I included here and that is playing on YouTube. So it does work.

If you have a problem converting files, it may be something is not set up right or Super C needs the settings changed to convert the file you have. For example, the settings shown converted the video I had, which had the "FLV" extension. FLV means it is a flash file. You may have other extensions such as "AVI" or "WMV" or whatever.

If you get an error with Super C or the converted video will not play on the Pearl, just click the various settings on the Super C interface to see which will stop giving you an error message.

NOTE: If you get an error, read the Super C additional info on what is causing the error. Sometimes it will tell you to click "Use Direct Show" that's in the upper right corner. Don't ask what that means, just click it. But for my conversions, Direct Show was NOT checked.

YES, you can tweak the settings and otherwise do this or that. I am simply providing noobs this info to get us up and running on converting our own videos for the Pearl.

So all you geek experts please don't be flaming or criticizing me about this or that. This is what works for me and it should work for other noobs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc

Re: Demo of Video On Pearl and Download For You

Great job with the tutorial! Should be pinned or something like that!

Foxman no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks much for the tutorial- very helpful! However, I got video to work nicely, but no audio. Any hints you can offer? Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxman
    Thanks much for the tutorial- very helpful! However, I got video to work nicely, but no audio. Any hints you can offer? Many thanks!
    Did you use my settings with Super C or some other program?

Did you try out my sample videos that were ready to go, and those did not work?

Here is another sample, try this one too, but the earlier one should have worked. If no sound on these samples, then it must be your settings on the Pearl because these videos worked on three Pearls I have access to.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/A...reverYoung.3GP

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/I...eastieBoys.3GP

I tried your settings and your downloaded video worked fine, with audio. This is an interesting problem. I see that it is possible to "export" or save a SuperC profile. Could you provide a link to the profile you used? I know that would help us who are new to all this.

I tried your settings and your downloaded video worked fine, with audio. This is an interesting problem. I see that it is possible to "export" or save a SuperC profile. Could you provide a link to the profile you used? I know that would help us who are new to all this.
    I guess I can try sending you the profiles I have on my PC and you can paste them into the proper Super C folder on your PC. Will do so when I have time.

Sanfrancisco, if you could post a link to the profile like you did with the videos you created, I bet it would help a lot of folks like me who aren't that savvy about using software. You wouldn't have to email it. It would be great to get video working on the Pearl!!

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Great Job, Sanfran.

javi no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey guys one I encode the video file.... where can I find it at or other words whats the next step. I cant seem to find the file I encoded to drop to my BB media folder???

javi no está en línea Stack level 2

One more thing how can I get it to full screen? Using Super C that is...?

Quote Originally Posted by javi
    Hey guys one I encode the video file.... where can I find it at or other words whats the next step. I cant seem to find the file I encoded to drop to my BB media folder???
    It would take a few hours to walk you through all this stuff.

I say this because the above is a very basic question. If you can't get through this, then it would take a long tutorial to get you up and running.

You need to read the programs, the threads and have an understanding of basic program use to get through this. You may just be out of luck.

For example, on your question, the problem you are having is that you did NOT tell Super C where to place or save the converted [encoded] file. All you do is right click on the program interface and that option [where to place the encoded files] will be there.

Second, as to where the encoded file is [because it's lost] is as simple as opening Windows "Search" feature and having it search your hard disk to locate the file.

Lastly, if you do not specify a place where to send files to, that is files you have worked on or created, since the 1980's programs have placed the files into a default folder, typically a sub-folder in the program's main folder.

That lost folder is probably under Super C's main folder. But sometimes it is easier to simply perform a Windows search.

So please read Super C's help file and also "click" around the interface.

Sanfrancisco, if you could post a link to the profile like you did with the videos you created, I bet it would help a lot of folks like me who aren't that savvy about using software. You wouldn't have to email it. It would be great to get video working on the Pearl!!
    OK, here is my FLV to Ericsson 3GP profile that you should download and put into your Super C Profiles folder, that is at:

<programs>

<erightsoft>

<Super>

<Profiles>

Then when wanting to convert FLV to play on your Pearl make sure to "Import a Profile" in the Super C menu.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/F...nyEricsson.spf

Here is the Profile for converting WMV to play on the Pearl

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/W...nyEricsson.spf

Again, I'm not saying this will all work, it simply is what has worked on my Pearl. I have converted 100 [appx.] WMV and FLV files and they all play without flaw, full screen, on my Pearl.

SanFran,

Thanks much. Those profiles are much appreciated. I am having better luck now - works fine with wmv files, no luck with ASF files which are video shot by my Canon videocamera straight onto the SD card. Any tips much appreciated. Many thanks for your help so far!

SanFran,
    Here is the file info SuperC provided on the ASF file - turns out to be MPEG-4:
    SUPER © - Multimedia Analysis Box ( Portions by MediaInfo )
    Analyzing the source file MOL212.ASF

General #0CompleteName :C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\MOL212.ASFFileSize/String :5.36 MiBFormat/String :Windows MediaOveralBitRate/String :385 KbpsPlayTime/String :1mn 56sComment :Canon OPTURA300
    Video #0Codec/String :FFmpeg MPEG-4Codec/Info :Microsoft MPEG-4 (hacked MS MPEG-4)BitRate/String :350 KbpsWidth :352Height :288AspectRatio/String :1.222
    Audio #0Codec/String :G.626Codec/Info :Microsoft G.726BitRate/String :32 KbpsChannel(s)/String :1 channelSamplingRate/String :8 KHz

nita no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C28F9

Great Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast