Hi, I'm also one of the people who want to delete preloaded pictures and ringtones ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Lissu no está en línea Stack level 1

Deleting preloaded media (BB Pearl)

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm also one of the people who want to delete preloaded pictures and ringtones in BB Pearl. I was able to delete the preloaded video by going Advanced Option but not pictures and ringtones.

I looked through some of the forums which explains how to delete preloaded medias in BB Pearl. I tried the one to go to Menu>>Run>>Cmd and type to delete the item, but it didn't work for me. I followed the direction and downloaded the linked folder, but that didn't work either. It says "Javaloader isn't recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I also tried by going to DM as discussed in another thread, but I don't think I have the latest OS (.69), and I couldn't find the location the person was talking about...

Can anyone help me to delete the preloaded media step by step? I'm a newbiew, so I don't mind you explaing it to me just like talking to a second grader =D

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Deleting preloaded media (BB Pearl)

Lissu, have you tried this thread - Post #1? http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...cluding-2.html

Yes, that's exactly where I went and tried by downloading the Javaloader and got the error message I mentioned above. I read the thread again and lots of them had the same type of errors. They say "got it" but not saying "how" they resolved the error... Can you tell me what I really should be doing? I'm so confused...

... again, I read the thread again, but there's no specific solution to the error message. It says "If you are running javaloader from the command prompt in windows, you must run the command from the directory where javaloader is located. If you attempt to run it from another directory, you'll get the errors described above..." but I don't understand that at all and I feel very stupid... What does that mean by "run the command from the directory where javaloader is located"??? I downloaded on C drive and Desktop to see if that makes any difference - it didn't at all. Please help.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5