I've been trying to delete an application off my phone that for some reason does ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cate no está en línea Stack level 1

Deleting modules on the pearl

Advertisement

I've been trying to delete an application off my phone that for some reason does not appear in the applications list. It does, however, appear in the modules list, so I was wondering if there was some way I could delete it from there. Obviously on the pearl there's no delete option in the menu for modules, and pressing the delete key doesn't work... any tricks? Can I move this somewhere where it CAN be deleted, somehow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Does it appear in the app loader on the DM?

If not, you could try to move the app from the "java" file on your pc.

Goto:
    Program Files-common files-reasearch in motion-shared-loader files-java- once ther create a file to move said module into inside the Java folder-DO NOT JUST DELETE IT- you may need to load it back on. Once you do that you can reconnect you phone to the DM and hit the app loader button then hit next. It should update your phone and take off the unwanted app....there is probably an easier way but that has worked for me....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    Options > advanced options> applications, hit menu key and select modules. Highlight module you wish to delete then hit menu key again and select delete.

This works on my Pearl.

So far no luck. It was loaded on a mac, so the file doesn't appear in any folders on the pc I'm currently trying to use to get it off (the mac's pretty useless at nosing around on the blackberry). So no luck there. As for bluebell wood's suggestion, when I hit the menu key that final time my only options are "view permissions", "edit permissions", "edit default permissions", "switch application" and "close". That's where the initial difficulty comes in, actually.
    Thanks for all your help anyway, guys. I guess I'll just have to continue on my search for answers .

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    What app are you trying to delete?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

My alarm. I've posted in threads related to that, but having read them I thought I had a better shot at posting to see if someone knew how I could delete a module. I mean, it probably doesn't even matter much, it's just frustrating that I CAN'T get rid of it, which I think it making me want to even more :P.

soufpac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    \P
    had the same problem, loaded an app on my mac, now using a windows comp(mac in repair) and its dam near impossible to delete any or all apps i uploaded using pocketmac. I did a backup, wiped the handheld, and then restored all my info. its along those lines, but im not 100%. can anyone clear things up a bit.
    "I dont pray for lighter burdens, I pray for a stronger back."