Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I was wanting to delete all the languages on my pearl besides English. I just ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Deleting Languages

Advertisement

I was wanting to delete all the languages on my pearl besides English. I just want to do it through advanced options > applications on my pearl for now. When I go into it, the only English I see is English (UK). Is this the one I need to keep for English (United States) or can it be deleted and still have Engish(United States). Does anybody know?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Deleting Languages

I don't think you can do it in the handheld, if I remember right you must do it through the desktop manager.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

It works, I just don't see English (United States) and I don't want to delete them since I'm not sure. I've deleted a couple of them. I deleted the sample video as well. Does anyone know which ones can be deleted like this to keep English?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I aint exactly sure but I think deleting english uk wont hurt english united states. Also kayos is right, u have to do it through dm

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Same language but slightly diff, if no english US option choose UK
    version!!
    one day we will all be speaking spanglish!!

I can order a beer in 8 langauges now, go with the flow!!
    Last edited by gazar; 03-15-2007 at 01:06 AM.

Do you think if I delete them all that I will still have English (United States)? Which ones are left in your pearl after you delete them all except English using DM?

And I am serious. I have deleted languages through the Advanced Options > Applications. Unless I'm imagining things.

Do Not delete them all!! just leave a version of english and any language of your choice

I'm just confused because the only one that says English is English (UK). And when you go to choose the language you use, there is English (United States), English (UK), and English. So maybe it doesn't show up in there so it can't be deleted? Maybe it doesn't show the one that is being used so it cannot be deleted? Does anybody know? I've found a bunch of places that describe how to delete them, but none of them say which one to keep.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i'm gonna guess the one you want to keep is the language you use?
    spanish, english, etc..........
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

I'm just not sure if English (United States) is included in one of the ones I want to delete, because It's not in there anywhere at all. I'm thinking it might be included in the English (UK) or something.

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

English (US) is distinct. It is not included in English (UK). At one point I had both US and UK installed and then deleted UK with no problem.

just keep any version of english and the other ones you feel comfortable withi.e spanish/ portuges 0r any one you would like to learn in the future.

You can always turn them back on!!

Gaz

Can somebody with all their languages except English (United States) deleted look and see if it is shown in Advanced Options> Applications?? If not what is in there for the languages?

pinoykillaz no está en línea Stack level 2

i think english from UK and english from united states should be thesame juz the way they pronounce it hehehe...so keep ur english UK

That's what I did. I deleted them all except English(UK). It is a little different when you switch to it in Options > Languages. Hopefully I've still got English(US). My phone is restarting right now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast