OK...obviously I dont speak German, or Spanish, or Afrikaans...can I delete all that without messing ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Deleting extra stuff

Advertisement

OK...obviously I dont speak German, or Spanish, or Afrikaans...can I delete all that without messing up my bb????

I already have deleted BBMEssenger, Memo, Tasks, and some other stuff...can I delete the languages?

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Deleting extra stuff

Yep. Best way is through DM. I've only got English installed... no problems at all.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I agree , delete the BS you are never going to use.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

how do i do it through DM??? Can't I do it with my applications/advanced options?

Also---I have a stupid third party app, that doesn't show up in the DM as a "delete" option...and it is no where to be found on my applications...it's seriously this program that exists, but doesnt. How do I get rid of it?

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

Start up DM. Select the App Loader. Remove the check marks from stuff you want to uninstall. The Action column should change to say "Remove".

Re: the phantom app not showing in App Loader. There's a check box labeled "List additional applications that are installed on the connected device". Make sure it's checked. If that doesn't work, then I dunno...

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3

I can't see any option to remove additional languages in the DM -- would be grateful if anyone could help!

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by dilipc
    I can't see any option to remove additional languages in the DM -- would be grateful if anyone could help!
    When you start the DM, you need to go into the Application Loader. That is where the programs will show up. at that point, you simply uncheck the box next to what you want to delete, and then finish the app loader as normal.
    You can also remove these languages just using your device.
    Options>Advanced Options>Applications>highlight the language or application to delete, press your menu key(button to left of trackball) and choose delete. The language applications will tell you that you have to do a reboot to complete the deletion. If you are deleting more than one language, wait until you have completely finished deleting before you do the reboot. Generally, applications that are in your device memory will require a device reboot to finish installation.

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    Also---I have a stupid third party app, that doesn't show up in the DM as a "delete" option...and it is no where to be found on my applications...this program exists, but doesn't. How do I get rid of it?
    I had this same exact problem after downloading an OTA app designed to reboot your device without doing a battery pull. I deleted the application, and then had a weird listing in my applications that said something like aa_press to delete
    It never did go away, even after a device wipe and OS reinstall. I thought it might have been from the DST patch, but after deleting THAT from another Pearl, it didn't cause the weird listing. You aren't talking about this same application are you? I honestly can't remember the name of it, but it was posted on the Stacks about a month or so ago. I'd be curious if anyone else has seen that same thing in their application list.

ooshorange no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi they call me oosh
    i own a 8100
    i need some help i wanna delete my languages but thats not working out
    and i wanna delete the preloaded pictures and ringtones and the one preloaded song i tried everything on the DM and on the blackberry it self and none of that works out i dont know what to do can some1 help me ?????

tylerscott20 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    To delete the languages and preloaded songs and pictures you have to delete the .cod files for them.

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerscott20 View Post
    To delete the languages and preloaded songs and pictures you have to delete the .cod files for them.
    Not true the languages can be "unchecked" and uninstalled thorugh the app loader in the DM...

This saves a great deal of space and really boosts your BB...

ooshorange no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
    Not true the languages can be "unchecked" and uninstalled thorugh the app loader in the DM...

This saves a great deal of space and really boosts your BB...

ive been told plenty of times that i can do it threw DM but when i go through
    the app loader it doesnt allow me to uncheck it