I don't know if this question has been asked, and if it has, someone can ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stormyone no está en línea Stack level 2

deleting email

Advertisement

I don't know if this question has been asked, and if it has, someone can post the link and I will read it, otherwise don't stone me if I am re-asking something that has been asked....

My question, is there anyway to delete more than one piece of email at a time? Some of the stuff is junk email and I want to delete several at a time, but it seems I am stuck with deleting them one at a time.....

Thanks in advance for the response....

KChuck no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: deleting email

Hi stormy, at least two methods, hope this help:
    1. Hold down the shift key then move the trackwheel to select several emails
    2. Move your "cursor" to a date, click the trackwheel the select the "Delete Prior" to delete all emails prior to this date.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

yep... thanks a million..... this forum and all the tips... simply awesome.... there is so much to learn with this phone I tell ya.... lol

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by stormyone
    yep... thanks a million..... this forum and all the tips... simply awesome.... there is so much to learn with this phone I tell ya.... lol
    Do you have a Pearl? If so, what you press is the trackball, not the trackwheel, as the Pearl does not have a trackwheel.

As to the "delete prior" option, when in your e-mail folder, you press the menu key [dotted key to left of trackball] and that is where "delete prior" may show up.

I say "may" because sometimes when you press the menu key a shortened menu will pop up. "Delete Prior" will not be in that little menu.

You have to press <Show Full Menu> and then in the full menu "delete prior" will appear.

Also, be aware that selecting "delete prior" will delete all messages below the date bar you are on. For example, if at the end of the day you have 30 e-mails and you select "delete prior" then that command will delete all 30 e-mails.

If you have more than one day's mail, then there will be a date bar for each days e-mails below each date bar.

Select any date bar and all mail prior to that date bar will be deleted, but all mail ABOVE the particular date bar will be preserved.
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-18-2006 at 05:19 PM.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

when i figured out the delete prior thing it was like freaking christmas

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You can set your Message list options to auto-delete "old" messages; 15, 30, 60, 90 days old, or never.

Then you won't have to worry about having too much, or running out of memory (if that's even possible with a 1 GB card in the Pearl).

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    Do you have a Pearl? If so, what you press is the trackball, not the trackwheel, as the Pearl does not have a trackwheel.

As to the "delete prior" option, when in your e-mail folder, you press the menu key [dotted key to left of trackball] and that is where "delete prior" may show up.

I say "may" because sometimes when you press the menu key a shortened menu will pop up. "Delete Prior" will not be in that little menu.

You have to press <Show Full Menu> and then in the full menu "delete prior" will appear.

Also, be aware that selecting "delete prior" will delete all messages below the date bar you are on. For example, if at the end of the day you have 30 e-mails and you select "delete prior" then that command will delete all 30 e-mails.

If you have more than one day's mail, then there will be a date bar for each days e-mails below each date bar.

Select any date bar and all mail prior to that date bar will be deleted, but all mail ABOVE the particular date bar will be preserved.
    yes I have a Pearl, and I understood the instructions given... I also figured out the short menu vs the full menu.... as someone said, since finding this out today its been like christmas....