hi all, just got my pearl, and so far i am loving it (it has ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sebboh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB2BC5

deleting default ringtones, etc?

Advertisement

hi all,
    just got my pearl, and so far i am loving it (it has been about 4 years since my last phone upgrade...) anyway, i was just wondering if anyone knows how to delete files in the preloaded media folders? i'd just like to get rid of some of the default ringtones that i'll never use so that i don't have to scroll through all of them to find the file that i want, and also free up some device memory for apps and things...

thanks!

bbtec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76E42
    These files are locked and cannot be deleted. Sorry part of the operating system. You can try to download and recompile the code with those files but that would take a while check out the developers thread for more info.

sebboh no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB2BC5

Re: deleting default ringtones, etc?

i don't think i want to bother with recompiling the OS at this point... oh well.

thanks for the response, bbtec!

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Welcome to the stacks, sebboh

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Quote Originally Posted by bbtec
    These files are locked and cannot be deleted. Sorry part of the operating system. You can try to download and recompile the code with those files but that would take a while check out the developers thread for more info.
    Bbtec, but it is simply untrue that preloaded media cannot be deleted and I don't know why people keep insisting on this. The preloaded ringtones and media can be deleted -- see my posts Here and Here.

Obviously, follow them at your own risk. But feel free to PM me with any questions. It's really not that complicated and does not require "recompiling the Code" or anything like that.

clos36 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster
    Bbtec, but it is simply untrue that preloaded media cannot be deleted and I don't know why people keep insisting on this. The preloaded ringtones and media can be deleted -- see my posts Here and Here.

Obviously, follow them at your own risk. But feel free to PM me with any questions. It's really not that complicated and does not require "recompiling the Code" or anything like that.
    thanks smapdumpster i was reading your thread it sounds interesting..i will give it a try tonight if anything goes wrong il ask ok