I'm wondering if there is a way to completely clear my calendar without using DM. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

UKFan643 no está en línea Stack level 2

Deleting Calendar without DM

Advertisement

I'm wondering if there is a way to completely clear my calendar without using DM. I am on a Mac and it's quite difficult for me to find time to hook my phone up to someone's PC so that I can use DM, so I'm hoping there is some way to clear it without using DM. Also, I don't want to do a complete security wipe, because I have a lot of apps and stuff that i would hate to have to reinstall. Thanks for the help.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Deleting Calendar without DM

open your calander>view agenda>delete prior....that will prompt you to delete all previous entries. Hope this helped

Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    open your calander>view agenda>delete prior....that will prompt you to delete all previous entries. Hope this helped
    I tried this, and scrolled all the way to the year 2010 and hit delete prior, but it does not delete individual events that are part of a series. This is most of my problem, as I need to get rid of most of my series that are setup as recurring events. There has to be some way to delete these without going through and deleting each single one. Some of them are set to repeat twice a week for a year, so that would be over 100 things I have to delete individually. Anyone?

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

I'm not sure if this will work-but if you go to the original date in the series and delete that, won't it delete the reoccuring dates? I haven't tried it but it might work. Please let me know if it works.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

I would guess that the main reason that RayZ's suggestion is not working is because your events are not set to end. I would suggest attempting to edit the series such that you create an end date and then go to sometime past that date and attempt RayZ's suggestion.

Let us know.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3

If you want to completely clear the calendar you can install the PocketMac utility on the computer and it comes with a feature called DataPurgeUI which allows you to clear the Calendar, Contacts, Memos or Tasks databases individually on the device. Once you have PocketMac installed go in to your Macintosh Hard Driver, then go your home folder (the folder with your name on it in the Users folder), and then go to Library>Application Support>PocketMac SyncManager>Additional Tools. In here go to DataPurgeUI and double click it. You will then have the option to clear your calendar data.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

UKF,

I don't think you can clear the entire calendar without DM but there's some option, when deleting an item in a series, that allows you delete all items in that series. I've done it. Sorry I can't give details - my Pearl is out for repairs and I can't remember the exact method.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

It can be cleared using PocketMac as I stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    It can be cleared using PocketMac as I stated above.
    Ok...now I am completely confused. I tried all of the steps mentioned in this thread, starting with changing the end date, going to the first entry, and finally, using pocketmac. None of them worked. I had been using google sync to sync my google calendar with my blackberry calendar. I signed out of google sync, which is supposed to delete all of those events, and it did not. So I deleted the program, still nothing deleted. Then, finally, I used pocketmac to purge my calendar, and the events are still there. It seems like nothing is going to work. I have been told that I can delete the service book for my calendar, but I'm afraid to do that because I don't know what will happen. Will this work? I'm afraid I'm just going to have to do a complete wipe and reinstall of the OS, but I would hate to have to go back to the default everything. I spent too much time customizing everything!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i remember when i first got my curve that i had to delete the cical books because of calendar issues. but im not sure if that will reset your calendar...gonna try it on hubby's pearl...be back with results

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ok, i removed the ONE cical book he had, pulled the battery and the meeting i put in his calendar is still there (he doesn't use his calendar )

I just realised that you have the 8130. It is possible that with that device you will not be able to use pocketmac to clear it. The reason being is that with the new 4.3 software it creates 2 calendar databases in the device one called calendar and one called "Calendar-all" this is because with 4.3 you get a calendar for every cical service book you have. The pocketmac only looks at the Calendar database and does not touch the Calendar-All database. You could try deleting any CICAL service books (This will not cause any issues for you) and then try using data purge. If that does not work you will need to use Desktop Manager to clear the Calendar and Calendar-all databases or you could completely wipe the device.

Just a quick question before I delete the service books. I have never messed with service books, and really don't understand their purpose, so I'm wondering if I will need to reinstall them somehow once I have deleted them and tried to purge all of my data?

nope the CICAL ones don't serve much purpose for you. If you were on a BES you would need them but if you delete them from your device right now it wont cause any issues and really don't need to restore them.