I tried doing a search, but I couldn't find any solutions that I haven't tried ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jade79 no está en línea Stack level 1

Deleting apps that Tmobile installed

Advertisement

I tried doing a search, but I couldn't find any solutions that I haven't tried yet...

My data plan kicked in overnight, and this morning I had my new bb browser and email icons... along with a facebook application, handango in-hand, and maybe a few other things that I don't need. I would like to delete them to clear up space; I do have a micro sd but I'm more worried about having my berry run the smoothest. I read it should have about 50% free space for that?

Anyway, I can't find the applications under Advanced options>applications, and they don't appear when I hook up my download manager either (I only see the apps that I personally downloaded). Any ideas?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Deleting apps that Tmobile installed

Quote Originally Posted by jade79 View Post
    I tried doing a search, but I couldn't find any solutions that I haven't tried yet...

My data plan kicked in overnight, and this morning I had my new bb browser and email icons... along with a facebook application, handango in-hand, and maybe a few other things that I don't need. I would like to delete them to clear up space; I do have a micro sd but I'm more worried about having my berry run the smoothest. I read it should have about 50% free space for that?

Anyway, I can't find the applications under Advanced options>applications, and they don't appear when I hook up my download manager either (I only see the apps that I personally downloaded). Any ideas?
    Hi Jade. Welcome to the Stacks. The apps that pop up after adding the data feature do not show up under applications because they are activated by the BB server sending service books to the phone. If (for instance with facebook) you hit the icon and download it it should show up under apps. To remove the icon itself you would go into options, advanced options, service book, and delete the appropriate service book. This will not however free up too much memory, since the icon is just a quick launch to download the app itself. Hope it helps.

scoope no está en línea Stack level 2

You can always hide the icon by highliting it then press menu and select hide icon

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    Hi Jade. Welcome to the Stacks. The apps that pop up after adding the data feature do not show up under applications because they are activated by the BB server sending service books to the phone. If (for instance with facebook) you hit the icon and download it it should show up under apps. To remove the icon itself you would go into options, advanced options, service book, and delete the appropriate service book. This will not however free up too much memory, since the icon is just a quick launch to download the app itself. Hope it helps.

and also this is only a temp solution seeing as anytime you reset the BB or have service books resent to your phone, they will just pop up again, there's no real way to get rid of them for good, your better off just hiding them and forgetting about them. sorry. I'm in the same boat as you.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Yep, everyone is stuck with these crappy things.
    Just have to hide them, sorry.
    /~*brooke

jade79 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, thanks everyone for the help.

As long as it's just an icon, I have no trouble hiding them. I was just concerned the entire app was there hogging memory and precious space.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You're not alone... As Brooke03 also intoned. :-?