My 8130 Pearl synchs perfectly with my Yahoo mailbox - if I delete a Yahoo ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Deleted work e-mail does not get deleted from Pearl

My 8130 Pearl synchs perfectly with my Yahoo mailbox - if I delete a Yahoo message on the Pearl, the message is gone from my Yahoo in-box on my computer. It doesn't do the same for my work e-mail.

When I delete a work e-mail from my Pearl, the e-mail is still in my work e-mail in-box. Conversely, if I delete an e-mail from my work e-mail, it still appears on my Pearl! That means I'm wasting a whole lot of time deleting e-mails from my Pearl that I have already deleted from my work e-mail, and vice versa.

Any suggestions as to what I need to do to synch the deletion of my work e-mails on my computer and the deletion of my work e-mails on the Pearl, as with my Yahoo mail? Thanks.

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi Karen.
    Welcome to pinstack.

Ok, can you tell me what your setting is for the following....

- Click on your messages folder.
    - Click the menu button
    - Click on options
    - Click on email reconciliation
    What does it says as your setting for Delete on?

There are 3 options:
    - Handheld (which will only delete the messages on your pearl)
    - Mailbox & Handheld (this deletes it from both your handheld and your regular email inbox)
    - Promot (this will always ask what you prefer)

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    A few more questions:

Are you on a BES?

What email client are you using at work?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah if you are using outlook and pop or something like that or if your emails are saved to a PST file then the reconciliation may not work because it doesn't reconcile with your mail client. It reconciles with the mail server.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    What if you have 4 (for example) email accounts - they should all reconcile, in my case, with priority to the p-c which is delete on handheld, mailbox wins for all 4.

My problem is that the Yahoo email account works fine - the gmail account never reconciles - I have to delete them manually. OS 4.2, OS 4.5, it doesn't matter.

Any help ro suggestions?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com