hi all. i can't delete email messages from my bb pearl inbox which i have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

awprete no está en línea Stack level 1

delete read email

Advertisement

hi all. i can't delete email messages from my bb pearl inbox which i have opened and read on the device. i can delete email messages that i sent or that i opened on my pc. cingular and blackberry haven't been able to resolve. i tried reloading the os. it hasn't helped. any advice?

thanks.

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F

Re: delete read email

I had the same issue. I resolved it by going to the web interface of the biz server and "re-sending service books" to my BB. After that, I set up reconciliation options again and eveything worked like a dream. Hope that helps. I don't know why it worked well by sending service books, but that seemed to be the ticket.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Hello Awprete and Welcome to the Stacks. Let us know how this works out for you.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

awprete, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

awprete no está en línea Stack level 1

hey guys. thanks for the responses. we have tried all of these fixes and more and still the same problem. here is the response from blackberry(RIM). we have re-installed the software and exchanged the device for a new one - no dice.
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Thank you for your continued interest in BlackBerry.

For the issue of not being able to delete read messages from the BlackBerry 8100, I would like to inform you that this is a reported issue and will be resolved in the next release of the BlackBerry 8100 software released by Cingular.

Most times this issue can be resolved be reinstalling the BlackBerry software on the device again. Since you have already competed this, you may be able to have the device replaced by Cingular and the new device may allow email to be deleted.

Thank you, Steven, for using BlackBerry Technical Support. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Patrick
    BlackBerry Technical Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    Tel: 1-877-255-2377

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

awprete, Welcome to PinStack.

If you feel up to experimenting some, I would like you to try something. Using your Desktop Manager Advanced capabilities of the Backup/Restore feature, do a selective backup and restore of your Email message database. After doing this, try to delete the messages you can't delete.

Let me know if this works.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Zingari no está en línea Stack level 1

I have this problem AGAIN. Last time I took it back to my IT Dept and they reloaded the software it worked fine until now!

What I find is that the mail can be read but instead of changing to an open envelope (blue in my theme) it stays as a folder symbol (turning from yellow to blue to show it has been opened) - in which case you can't do anything with it. Although sometimes it will file to a folder (normally I try to put in in trash so I know I have dealt with it) but not always.

A battery pull resolves it temporarily but it is hit and miss. It will be with IT again next week for whatever they do.

There must be a software update for this(?). - currently running on v4.2.0.61 (platform 2.2.0.35)
    Regards, Zingari
    IZW - from darkness, through firs , into light.

"Cribbins fetch the Purdey, there's a Chav on the estate!"