Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

after you delete the service book, go to options->advanced options->host routing table click the menu ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION

Advertisement

after you delete the service book, go to options->advanced options->host routing table

click the menu button and then select register now. that should work

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    after you delete the service book, go to options->advanced options->host routing table

click the menu button and then select register now. that should work
    Nope,I followed your instructions but register now makes it come right back.

I can delete the service book and the icon goes away. If I reboot the device the icon is still gone.

But if I reregister or if I resend the service books the icons reappear.

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    hmmm you may have to call your carrier then. obviously the service books are being stored on the BIS side of the spectrum and they need to delete them

I doubt they would delete them, most of the ones I have would make them money if I used them.....if I order a game or use telenav etc. Alltel gets a piece of the pie!

Plus its not worth the time on hold or the arguing......I think I'll stick to my original plan....just hide them!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    thats like saying your car is making funny noises and instead of taking it in to get fixed you just turn up the radio so you cant hear the noise lol

juanjo no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i did but lm sorry man I forgot

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    i did but lm sorry man I forgot
    who are you talking to?

amandarust no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447fd7b
    Thanx yall are the best! Thanx 4 all of your advise yall!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    your very welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    thats like saying your car is making funny noises and instead of taking it in to get fixed you just turn up the radio so you cant hear the noise lol
    Well, I did follow up with Alltel and got the expected answer. In their email reply they said there is no way to permanently delete those service books. Whether they can't or simply won't.....who knows, but they are part of the group of service books that all their customers get and I was advised to simply hide the unwanted icons.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    you know i have rule that i live by and its as follows.

if someone can make it then someone can break it. nothing is impossible, you just have to find the work around. i am sure somewhere in the OS folder there is something can be modified to get what you want done.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Even if you delete the service books, they will always come back. Unless you switch carriers. The service books that are pushed to the device are chosen by the carrier. If you don't have a data plan, the browser service book will not be pushed, if they don't want to support an IM app, they won't push that service book. And if they want a Handango icon on your blackberry, then that service book will be pushed every time they get resent. So I just keep my handango icon hidden, it's not like it takes up much memory, and I never have to worry about it.

vdragon no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I know the RIM modules can't be deleted from the device, I mentioned that. I know that anything deleted from the device OS must be done for example by going into the Java folder in the device OS installed on your PC and removing them or renaming them so they are unrecognized by the app loader so they will be removed from the device.

However:

OK, I did find a way to delete them. Go to Options, Advanced Options, Service Book

All of the icons are in service books. They are not in applications or modules because they are not installed applications, but they are in service books sent by the provider. They can be deleted there and the icons disappear.

However, if your service books get resent, the deleted ones come back, the icons re-appear, and must be deleted there from your list of service books again.

Is there a way to permanently delete service books?
    thats the same thing i said.....=|. but yea i neglected to mention that it will come back if you re-register. its not that big of a hassle really. i dont know about others but i dont need to re-register very often if at all. but if it comes back then id just delete the service books again. sorry i dont know of any way to delete them permanently but i think its there because the provider might have contract with the prog comp? but thats just my guess.

edit: hiding the icons are such a bad idea though.

C312 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vdragon View Post
    I know exactly what you guys are talking about. Those damn icons bugged me for a while but I figured it out. Go into settings>advance options>service books. Delete the service books that contains the word facebook or handango. I don't remember the full name but it contains those app names. Don't delete any other service books though because I don't know what those other ones are. =p
    Thanks vdragon. I followed your advice for deleting the icons. The Handango icon is no longer on my BlackBerry.

tylerscott20 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    you could just go to the os folder on your computer and delete the modules for the two applications. Then reinstall the os. Then you wouldn't have those apps on your phone anymore

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast