Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does any1 know how 2 delete icons that came on my 8100 such as facebook, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

amandarust no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447fd7b

how do i delete icons that came on my 8100 such as facebook and handango in hand??

Advertisement

Does any1 know how 2 delete icons that came on my 8100 such as facebook, instant messaging and handango in hand?? I've looked in the setting-advanced options-applications but they don't show up there? Is there another place that I can go 2 edit/delete ALL the apps/icons on my bb? Because I know there's more things on my bb then what it says under applications... & not only the icons I'm talkin about but where's all the languages & things like that? Please help!!!!
    My BB info~

T-Mobile
    Red BB Pearl 8100

OS- 4.2.1.107

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    You can try connecting it to the desktop manager; and look under application loader to see if you can delete them from there

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    the icons themselves cant be deleted for some reason. once the apps are deleted they stay as launch icons for the download. all i was able to do was "hide" them.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    True, if they are just shortcuts to the app install, then you can only hide them.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    ^^what they said, dang cwax your fast!

You can open your desktop mgr and app loader, you will find all the things like languages and sample video there. You can delete them. I also have icons on my BB that I can never get rid of...so whenever I change my theme and they pop back up I just "hide" them
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well if you want to delete them go to

options->advanced option->applications

and then delete when necessary

vdragon no está en línea Stack level 2
    I know exactly what you guys are talking about. Those damn icons bugged me for a while but I figured it out. Go into settings>advance options>service books. Delete the service books that contains the word facebook or handango. I don't remember the full name but it contains those app names. Don't delete any other service books though because I don't know what those other ones are. =p

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    I know exactly what you guys are talking about. Those damn icons bugged me for a while but I figured it out. Go into settings>advance options>service books. Delete the service books that contains the word facebook or handango. I don't remember the full name but it contains those app names. Don't delete any other service books though because I don't know what those other ones are. =p
    the service books are only for sending data across the network for each app. if you delete the service book for facebook from the device, it doesnt delete the app from the devices memory.

options->advanced options->applications

hit the menu button then click delete.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    well if you want to delete them go to

options->advanced option->applications

and then delete when necessary
    However, some of these icons, like the ones the OP is talking about are simply launchers to install the programs. If you don't use them and have not installed....then they don't appear in the applications list so they can't be deleted there....because the app isn't installed.

All you can do is hide the icons. Although I'm sure they are hidden somewhere in the OS. I'm sure someone could find a way to modify files and get rid of them. But I'm sure they take up very little space and are most likely not worth the effort.....just hide em!

waterwerks no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ACA370
    I can tell you that I have tried both methods above to get rid of them....in the end neither worked and they are still there. Mine stay hidden...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea but in the apps menu you could hit menu again and go to the modules screen. ANYTHING 3rd party installed on your device will show up in the modules screen and you can delete from there

Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    yea but in the apps menu you could hit menu again and go to the modules screen. ANYTHING 3rd party installed on your device will show up in the modules screen and you can delete from there
    Well what would they be named then?

I have eight icons hidden because I can't find how to delete them. They are Facebook, Telenav GPS Navigator, Pocket Express, Google Talk, Yahoo! Messenger, Alltel Shopping, Alltel Games & More, and the Alltel Axcess Shop.

When I click on them I get directed to the BB browser and connect with either a Terms & Conditions page or a Download page.

They do not show up in the Applications List or the Modules List with any name resembling their icon name so how would I identify them?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I have also tried using those icons, downloading and installing the applications and then deleting the applications. The applications go away, but those pre-installed icons don't.

The icons appear to be for install purposes only and even if you don't download the application, the icons stay. If you use them to download the applications and then delete the apps either on the device or via the DM Application Loader the applications are removed but the icons stay. Every other application I have installed shows up on my applications and modules lists, but these icons do not. Unless they are incorporated into some of the RIM modules that can't be deleted without going into the OS files and making modifications or deletions.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    when you go into the modules folder, if you hit the menu button and look at the options it will be self explanatory. if the delete option is there then it is a 3rd party app module. all RIM modules can NOT be deleted from the device, so like i said, if the delete option is there, thats a start

I know the RIM modules can't be deleted from the device, I mentioned that. I know that anything deleted from the device OS must be done for example by going into the Java folder in the device OS installed on your PC and removing them or renaming them so they are unrecognized by the app loader so they will be removed from the device.

However:

OK, I did find a way to delete them. Go to Options, Advanced Options, Service Book

All of the icons are in service books. They are not in applications or modules because they are not installed applications, but they are in service books sent by the provider. They can be deleted there and the icons disappear.

However, if your service books get resent, the deleted ones come back, the icons re-appear, and must be deleted there from your list of service books again.

Is there a way to permanently delete service books?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast