Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, I've got my pearl now for two weeks and everytime when someone calls me ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ozzie no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Delay when picking up phone

Advertisement

Hi,

I've got my pearl now for two weeks and everytime when someone calls me and i pickup the phone the caller doesn't hear me the first 2 or 3 seconds. I did called my provider (Vodafone in the Netherlands) and the haven't heard of this problem before, but it is really annoying.

Anybody here got a similar problem or maybe the solution?

cheers, Oscar

kasperapd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Delay when picking up phone

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It's a well known problem in the US. Try upgrading your OS to the newest one available. That fixed the problem on mine.

eudorauser no está en línea Stack level 1

I absolutely have this - not on every call, but on lots of them. Thought it might be a bluetooth delay, and to be honest I think it might still be, but I'm not sure. I'm on UK Vodafone, and have their latest firmware (rather than the latest firmware available)

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Yep...with both my 7130e & 8703e, I experience this "formality" no matter what OS.

First of all thanks for the comments and answers.

I checked the Blackberry site for a newer version of the os (check the site na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp)
    and found out that my device was up2date. But i did download the latest version of the os for my provider (Vodafone NL) again and installed it on my phone (during the installation i removed all unwanted languages) and after the installation completed succefully it seems that my problem is gone (At least the first two calls made to my pearl had no delay anymore).

For the record: I also tried pulling the battery before without luck, so it wasn't the reboot of the pearl that gave the solution.

Hopefully the problem is gone. I've got two collegues with the same pearl and the same problem who will try the update later on today or tomorrow and i will get back to you to tell you if that solves the problem for them as well.

Thanks for you're reply's !

eudorauser no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes, please let us know - I'm not sure I can face the upating-the-software bit again unless I have to...

Strange things happens in Holland. My collegues did NOT update their software, nor reset there device and suddenly the have no delay anymore. The only change i can think of is that i did distrubute the voicerecorder to all our devices, but that shouldn't be the solution.
    Maybe our provider changed something??? I realy don't know, but if i somehow do find out i let you know.

skri11a no está en línea Stack level 1

I'd love to have the answer to this too. People are always asking me why i'm so testy when i answer the phone. By the fifth time i say "Hello" there is obvious frustration in my voice. Maybe i should look into a sedative until this is fixed.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

I still have the problem with my pearl, even with the new OS!!! What gives.

NinjanickC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2903

I have a 2 second delay but I know it is there so I just wait

skri11a no está en línea Stack level 1

I guess i'm just overly optimistic. It doesn't happen all of the time, so i answer assuming it'll work the way i expect. it does seem to happen more with certain people though. I suppose if it was a consistent 2 second delay, i could learn to deal.

Malmo no está en línea Stack level 1

How annoying is the delay on the pearl!!!
    i have had 4 phones from T-mobile in the uk and now switched to O2. and guess what....still got the delay. I am told that there is a fix to the problem. apparently you can download some software that fixes the problem completely. The person who told me about it is now away for a few weeks. i will obviously chase him for it.
    anyone out there heard of this fixing software???

please anyone.......

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

I haven't heard of any software to fix the problem besides updating the OS. I just received my pearl today so I'm still getting used to this delay. I called TMO who is my service provider and they told me they hadn't heard anything about it. After looking through these forums it seems to me like it's a pretty common issue. Maybe I just had a newer rep?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

avante - yep, you are correct. the only way to fix this is to install the newest available OS - which is cingular.

as for your rep know not being well informed

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

I've read in great detail the benefits of running the .71 cingular os update but I was just wondering one thing. Obviously it can be run on any provider as long as you delete the one vendor file. I understand that customer service could be refused to you should the carrier realize that you are using a different carrier's updated OS. My real question/concern is, under what circumstance would the carrier find that info out. I mean if you're having problems with your phone and you call for a little bit of help are they going to automatically look into what software version you're using? Or could I install the .71 and still be able to call for help. Of course I would backup the other OS should I ever need to actually send the phone in. Sorry if that's not a super coherent question........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast