All day today my phone has been freezing or taking super long when I try ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Delay in accessing device memory?

Advertisement

All day today my phone has been freezing or taking super long when I try to access my device memory. When I try to open up the photos area, the phone clogs. What's up with that and how do I fix it? Tried the batt pull, and it still freezes. Should I just have all my pics get saved to the media card?

anthonyp20 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Delay in accessing device memory?

When I load a new set of pictures of music it always takes a econd or two to load, but after that first load its back to normal speed. Is yours still doing that every time? Have you recently upgraded to a new OS?

Try hold-shift + L5L5, clear the log, then reboot. See if that helps.

anthonyp20 no está en línea Stack level 2

I would defffinately save all large files to your media card.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

OK...thanks anthony. I am downloading the new OS so maybe that will help this issue out so me.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Also, having a large quantity of files will cause a slowdown. Especially in the pictures folder this is true, however you can change from thumbnail to list view temporarily to speed up access of your files.

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

I have a 2GB microSD with about 300MB of Mp3's it does take a bout 10 secs when you go into the media folder, but it's a hell of a lot faster than the 2GB memory stick duo on my old SEP910i

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    All day today my phone has been freezing or taking super long when I try to access my device memory. When I try to open up the photos area, the phone clogs. What's up with that and how do I fix it? Tried the batt pull, and it still freezes. Should I just have all my pics get saved to the media card?
    i have exactly the same problem , but with pics on my media card. had the problem with all os's even with the latest rogers os.

Stevesol no está en línea Stack level 1

I've got a 2gb micor card with about 1.5gb of songs stored and it takes about 30 secs to open up and play, Any ideas how to overcome this or is just something to do with the speed of accessing the memory?

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

Dunno, but my guess is it's just the time it takes to read all the files on the card. As I say, my old Sony Ericsson P910 was worse, and the worst thing was, if you popped out of the screen to answer a call or something, then went back in, you had to wait the same amount of time - even though you hadn't exited the music player. Drove me mad!