(Note: I posted this same thread on the wrong sub-forum. Sorry.) Just received Pearl as ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jeffepops no está en línea Stack level 1

Defective Pearl

Advertisement

(Note: I posted this same thread on the wrong sub-forum. Sorry.)

Just received Pearl as upgrade from 7100t. Defective out of box -- Menu Button and Trackball don't work -- only pulls up email, and options pulldown lists will not stay on screen. I can not access any other applications. Oddly, pressing shift key simultaneously with Menu botton will bring up applications options. Software updates and reboots don't help. The phone function itself does work, as does the camera.

I called T-mobile support. They will replace the unit, but will take at least two weeks, as I have to ship back defective unit first -- no cross shipping!
    Also, I have to pay for shipping (???). I did speak with a supervisor, who agreed to deduct shipping/insurance cost from my next bill.

I hope I am the exception, and that the Pearl is generally a sound Blackberry. I never had any issues with my 7100t.

If anyone else has had this issue, I'd love to know about it. Also, a not that if you've got issues with T-Mobile, speak to a supervisor. I've always been happy with T-MObile customer service,but their return shipping policy on defective products leave much to be desired (especially compared to Dell, Amazon, etc.)

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    If is defective straight out of the box they should do an instore exchange. My wife had a defective razr, and cingular allowed us to exchange it in store, and that was 600 miles from the store we bought it in.

certified no está en línea Stack level 1
    mine was bad also out of the box but they send me one next day air saver ups and I sent mine back when i recived the new replacement. store was not a option as i got it from lets talk .com

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    Mine wasnt so good etiher, so I went to the store and did an exchange for free. I think it was a week after I bought the phone from them.

Genaro no está en línea Stack level 2
    My first one was also a dud, wouldn't connect the a network so I couldn't make any calls. Everything else was working fine on it. I have Cingular, took it back to the store and they exchanged it right there with another, no problems with this one, so far, in the past couple weeks.

jeffepops no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well,I was more concerned about the quality of the Pearl, rather than a problem exchanging it. I have to ship it to TMobile, because I did my hone upgrades over the phone (I negotiated an excellent savings on 4 non-BB phones and got the Pearl for $149.00) -- they have a policy of no store returns unless originally purchased at location.

Since no one has replied indicating thatn there are significant technical problems with the BB Pearl, I'll just hope mine was one of those few who got a lemon.

Thanks.