Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

RCBJR, what do mean by cleaning up the memory leaks, is that something I can ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gstull no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8EF14

Advertisement

RCBJR, what do mean by cleaning up the memory leaks, is that something I can do or is it software realted. Im on a Cing Pearl running the Cing software, I believe .69.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Stacey, I've seen this happening on the earlier OS versions also. It's a memory problem that cleaning up the memory leaks seems to take care of. I've not seen this occur on my Pearl either.

Rcbjr.
    LOL guess I got lucky cause I didn't have the old os all that long

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    gstull,

A periodic Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in) will be the first place to start. But you might also want to delete some of the unused languages and other items that take up memory but you dont use. This can be done by unchecking the language support in the Apps Loader in Desktop Manager and using that to delete them from your Pearl

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

gstull no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8EF14
    Thank you, I love Pinstack, you should all work for the carriers, more knowledge here than high up the food chain of their tech people.

Happy Hoildays to All.

SnakePool no está en línea Stack level 1
    This happened to me last night, I couldn't see any of my recent calls or sms texts. I watched my phone closely and would see the new message icon then it would disappear. I looked around and saw my memory was ZERO. I pulled the battery and voila memory is back. I just bought my pearl 3 days ago. The version is v4.2.0.64

Jesse Garcia
    Garcia Cues
    OBcues

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    SnakePool, Welcome to PinStack.

There are several ways to get more memory on your Pearl. One thing to do is to remove any Language support for those languages you don't use. This can be done by using the desktop manager Applications loader and unchecking any language you don't need.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

SnakePool no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am not seeing where I can erase any data except 2 games and a theme that I downloaded. I open app loader and a wizard opens up and searches for new apps to load. I'm not seeing it.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Have you installed the current version of the OS that is on your Pearl on you PC? This is necessary in order to remove anything using the Apps Loader.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

cjk
    cjk no está en línea Stack level 1
    this just happened to me too..not very happy..even worse is t-mobile shutdown customer service completely today

cjk
    took the battery out, checked memory, deleted all pictures to free up memory, and now im still not receiving texts

what a pos

cjk
    whats worse is my phone is critical to me today to communicate with my freinds and family while i am at work on christmas, and tmobile closes their customer service???? awful, might have to return this and stick with verizon

chislernova no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have been having the same problem with my 8100 Pearl as what is being discussed in the thread. Text messages, call log, and some emails deleted literally nanoseconds after receiving them.

For those who think this is a memory problem, that is correct, however, not in the way you think. I have no ringtones, 3rd party apps, pictures, music, etc. on my phone memory. I do have a 2 GB microSD chip on which all such things are stored. I have deleted the sample video and music, deleted the unneeded language apps, and the bug still occurs. So telling people to stop downloading things to their phone is not the solution.

I have read on some other boards that the issue may be a "memory leak". I don't have enough knowledge to comment thoroughly on this, but it seems to be a software issue by which a program (or programs) causes the available memory to be used up unnecessarily over time. Once this buildup (or rundown) of memory reaches the critical level, the device just starts wiping out data. A "reboot" via removal of the battery "resets" the memory, but the problem returns after a few days when the buildup from the memory leak occurs again. Not sure if this really is the problem, but it's what I've read.

I have the T-Mobile v.64 of the OS, but have heard that people using all different sorts of OS and providers are having the problem.

This is a MAJOR RIM issue, and IMHO, makes their product wholly unsuitable for business use. How can RIM expect potential customers such as myself to use a device when clients may be sending me important emails or messages that I am not receiving because of thisbug ? Friends and family have been wondering why I'm not returning their messages! I've seen postings about this problem from as long ago as September, and have seen ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE OR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT from RIM or any of the service providers in any way. And that's what pisses me off the most. I'm at the point where my only option may be to return the phone and demand a full refund for breach of warranty.

Does anybody have any more information on this extremely important topic??? Thanks in advance for any additional info.

Deeznuts no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Default all sms text & call log on 8100 disappeared! HELP!

i am having the exact same problem and have been told it may be a memory leak, please let me know what to do. i am real new to this

yellowone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E6E30E

This is also not exclusive to the pearl.

I had this issue on my 7100t. The battery reset dives it but what about the missed messages. RIM has to do something about this!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

K.D.Cruz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23eb06eb

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Hey guys. I have been havinh the same issue with my pearl too. And I removed the battery to reset memory and also deleted pics and music to save up memory. The other day while at work on the computer it hit me. And till today my call log has been working the way its supposed to. My BB is not deleting any call logs or text messages any more. What I am doing and sure hope this helps, is I went to all programs and instead of exiting but hitting the back button, I clicked menu and selected close. On every thing I do on the phone, and till this very day at this very hour my call logs are not being deleted. I don't know how it worked. it was a hunch I had and its doing the job for me. It might not be much but its a temporary solution to a problem until RIM figures out a fix for it. Please let me know if It helped

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast