Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

has this happened to anyone else? last night i went into messages and evert single ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sony2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down all sms text & call log on 8100 disappeared! HELP!

Advertisement

has this happened to anyone else? last night i went into messages and evert single sms text - received and sent - has vanished. i realized a short time later that the same had happened to my call log?

is there any way to retreive this info??? and does anyone know WHY it happened and how it can be prevented in the future?

thanks.

mtxguy83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    This happened to me too last night.....

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA
    Never had this issue, hope someone here can help you out

schmiidty no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it happend to me all my numbers in my call log are gone emails and text are ok

dukes41 no está en línea Stack level 1

happened to me too

This is my second pearl, the first one i returned due to this issue and now after three weeks of having this new pearl it just happened again today. both SMS and MMS and call logs gone. I would assume that it's an issue with the phones software but I really have no clue what's going on. Hope someone can shed some light on this issue. When I called the Cingular rep they told me to return the phone and get a new one but it's happened again.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    dukes41, Welcome to PinStack.

It may have to do with Memory running short, try a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in) periodically. I haven't had a problem at all with my pearl losing messages, but I don't my memory run low at all.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Ok

I'll give it a try but my first pearl that I bought I had for two days and didn't install any apps on it at all and it seemed to happen as soon as the phone locks itself. Cingular replaced the phone and now three weeks later the same thing happened. I also have the two gig chip in there but I guess that wouldn't make a difference. Hopefully your advise helps thanks for your help I'll let you know what the outcome is.

aarontoronto no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sony2000
    has this happened to anyone else? last night i went into messages and evert single sms text - received and sent - has vanished. i realized a short time later that the same had happened to my call log?

is there any way to retreive this info??? and does anyone know WHY it happened and how it can be prevented in the future?

thanks.
    This happened to me today as well. I posted this solution on another board.

as a quick solution this seems to be fine but it's not really a pleasant view and it doesn't restore the previous txt or mms messages. I would assume it's a glitch in the software but who knows. for me the call log is the best view but it's becoming a real pain that they are now always dissapearing

tangfj no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had the same problem ad well a few couple days ago. From what I heard it was a memory issue that software upgrades would fix.

symtar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243552DE
    Upgrade your software if you are still using .42 I upgraded and i have not had this problem since
    Live every day like it's your last cause it may be.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    It seems like most of you are on the cingular pearl, which is making me not want to update my os to .69... on .67 I never had this issue.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Stacey, I've seen this happening on the earlier OS versions also. It's a memory problem that cleaning up the memory leaks seems to take care of. I've not seen this occur on my Pearl either.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F
    This happened to me one day. I figure the memory on the phone must have filled up. After a battery pull and a log clearing it hasn't happened again. I make a habit of deleting emails with attachments and MMS I don't want. I didn't have anything in any "saved" folders, so I'm not sure if the issue effects that as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast