Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok, so i took my pearl into the bathroom as i was taking a shower, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dawgs0916 no está en línea Stack level 2

death?

Advertisement

ok, so i took my pearl into the bathroom as i was taking a shower, and when i got out, i grabbed it and noticed i had a text, well i pressed the trackball and instead of going to my messages, it went to like i was trying to dial a number except it was writing the letter "q", and then after a second it would turn off. i took out battery all day and put it back in, and it continues to do the same thing. anybody know what the problem could be? its not water damage because the stickers are still white....any help would be great....

Kaie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e1ab2a

Re: death?

well.... regaurdless if the stickers are white ... water can still get into the phone with out ever touching the stickers..

just like my sticker is pink and there is no water damage at all.

ok but why does everything work except that when i click the trackball its like pressing the "q" key, and then shuts off?

PIN/ID
    23e1ab2a

well im not a technician so i cant give you a legitimate answer...

though im sure if your hands where wet when you grabbed the phone water got into the innerds of the keypad and shafted the phone....

i mean really i have no idea... but if it happened to me, this is what id assume...

just get a warranty replacement if the sticker is white....

even if it does turn red you can cover it up with some of the white out tape its thing and doesnt peel off very well. its a small pain in the *** to put on ... but it works...

not to sound like a caniving bastage or anything.

can i still get a warranty no matter where i bought it from?

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

It may or may not have anything to do with the shower/water/moisture. Might just be a coincidence. Sometimes the track ball gets grit underneath it and what I usually do in that situation is I press the ball down really firmly and roll it around like crazy. Like Kaie said, I'm not a tech but its worth a try. Also if that doesn't work you may want to take the batt out and let the whole thing sit for awhile in a dry place just in case it was steam or moisture.
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

PIN/ID
    23e1ab2a

well if you bought it from John Holmes on the street corner who sells pirated dvd and folexs then i doubt it has a warranty ... but i know for a fact if you got it from tmob theyll have no issues aslong as you follow thier instructions on how they think it can be fixed... (usually the battery thing then the app loaded deal)

then theyll have you check the water damage sticker and youre off and running.... though i think they are still not shippin pearls due to OS upgrades....

well i got it from ebay but ya it was new in box and everything. and i have att....but now the main problem is that it keeps shutting off. the trackball is working, but its shutting off and the red light stays on for like 3 seconds then turns off man i think its completely fried, and im freaking out

PIN/ID
    23e1ab2a

call att ... tell them nothing about the shower thing.......

just tell them you pulled the phone off your desk to make a call and it was off and now it just keeps shutting off ... then give them some detailed details about the light staying on and stuff to make it sound legit .....

if they arent jerkoffs they should send you out a warranty .. ..... SHOULD i know att likes to completely shaft people.

ok, i will try it....what will they send me? a completely new phone?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ if you didn't buy it from at&t they may not be willing to help with the warranty claim. You may have to go directly to RIM to get a warranty replacement. If you do get a new one, leave it in your room from now on. Just a hunch on my part, but no message or call is so critical that you have to deal with it in the shower.

PIN/ID
    23e1ab2a

unless it is someone calling to tell him they are coming to kill him.....

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b

There was that post a while aho about the rice. Putting it in a bowl of rice will help dry out the phone (if it is water damage). I've always been partial to leaving it in the car with all the windows rolled up on a hot day (mind you not where the sun will hit it). I have a machine at work that's the perfect temp for it and I can leave the phone right on top of it.
    =D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

isnt a way of checking water damage through the sticker in the back?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs0916
    its not water damage because the stickers are still white....any help would be great....
    Yeah. The sticker is still white from what the OP stated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast